Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I知 pregnant

Hi all,
    I'm relatively new to this site, although I've been an emet for years now. I posted a while ago about pregnancy and morning sickness and how afraid I was of it. Well, I am pregnant, I found out a week ago. Right now I'm almost 6 weeks along, and of course I'm really excited, but every day I'm also terrified. I'm terrified of getting sick and I keep waiting for it to strike. So far I've felt pretty good, but I have had some nauseous moments....although I'm not sure if I am actually sick or just making myself feel that way, I do have the tendency to do that. Does anyone who has had kids remember when their morning sickness started, if it did at all? How did you get through it? I'm terrified of going to work and feeling sick. I can handle it when I'm home but at work I cant really pace and freak out like I do at home.

Of course I'm excited about this, but right now its a little clouded by how scared I am of this first trimester. I just want to get through this without getting sick, is that possible?

thanks, sorry for the long rambling post.
    ~Julie

Well, first of all congrats. I can tell you something that'll bring some relief to you. I have a 6 yr. old boy and a 10 month old girl and I didn't get sick at all with those pregnancies. Although I did get n** her and there, but you have to control it and there are alot of things that you could do to help so that you dont v***. Sometimes the n*** can't be controlled but there are ways to help control v***. Let me know if you need any advice or if you have concerns. My email is [email protected] and I have yahoo messenger, my ID is cmnava

Congrats!
    My daughter is almost 9. I didn't have a problem with morning sickness. Mine was more pre-natal vitamin sickness, lol. Ask your OB about one with low side effects, and always eat with them. I did have quite the issue with gas/bloating and constipation, but those were more of a minor nuisance.
    My advice~focus on the positive and remember that there are plenty of women who are fine during pregnancy/delivery.

Congratulations! I have 3 children, ages 11, 8 and 6, and never v** from pregnancy. I did have some n** but was able to ease it by avoiding food smells, espcially cooking meat or chicken, and eating even if I didn't want to. Fruit saved me. My "MS" symptoms lasted from about6 - 8 weeks until about 13 weeks. It was not only in the morning, but also late afternoons for me. I had a lot of heartburn towards the end but it went away immediately after delivery. I think knowing that theses symptoms means you are growing a healthy baby made it easier to deal with. All the best!

~Joanne
    Joanne

Congratulations. I've never been pregnant but most of my friends, relatives, and co-workers who were, either didn't got morning sickness or didn't get it that bad (just n*).

Keep some saltine crackers or pretzels and ginger candy and/or tea on hand just in case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Congratulations! Yes, it's completely possible to get through the entire pregnancy without v*! (Not guaranteed, of course, but entirely possible) I never v*, neither did my mom OR my grandmother (and my grandmother even had twins!!). I did get a little n* from time to time, but only when I let myself get too hungry....so, even if you don't feel like it, eat, eat, EAT!!! If you do get to feeling poorly, they make lots of stuff to help....I always kept ginger candy with me "just in case."

A lot of it for me, too, was mind over matter (and I didn't even realize I had emet at the time). Not saying that morning sickness is in our heads, but emet is all about how we make ourselves feel worse than we really are. I told myself, "Just b/c I'm pregnant doesn't mean I have to get s*. There are a lot of people who never v* with pregnancy." That really helped.

First of all, congrats on your pregnancy! I never had morning sickness, but there is a wonderful vitamin called Premesis RX that helps with nausea. Also, Zofran may be an option, but it's really expensive unless you have really good insurance.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

Hi and congrats. I have a 10 and 6 year old. When I first got pregnant I asked how to avoid morning sickness and my gyn said you can never tell who gets it and who doesn't. My mom felt great with all 3 pregs so I thought I would too. Not true, unfortunately. BUT like everyone said, there are lots of ways to manage it. First, NEVER let yourself get too hungry. Always eat even a little, and eat whatever appeals to you, even if it is the same every day. Go with your cravings (trying to be as healthy as possible too). And don't be afraid to ask for an anti-emetic. I took phenergan with my 2nd and it helped. Also, I switched to a generic prenatal because others made me very n*. So that is an option. And morning sickness for me was around 6 to 9 weeks. It WILL end though...best of luck!!!

Hi there,

I to am pregnant I am nearly 16 weeks. I have not V* I am still very scared that I might, and had a masive panic attack last week becasue I had a strange feeling in my tummy.

for me I want to have a baby but I don't want the pregnancy bit, so much so that I just wish it was all over. My mother keeps telling me that I am being horrible to the baby inside me, but i just can't get excited or maternal as I am so petrified all the time. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I woke up one morning, right around the time I was due for my period, and felt a little queasy. Not bad, just unsettled. I had a couple other symptoms with it, so I took a test. And, as you can see by my ticker, it was positive![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Anyway, the worst m/s didn't hit until 6 weeks, and weeks 8 & 10 were the worst. I would wake up, slowly sip ginger ale or Sprite, and burp a few times. It would help settle my stomach enough so I could eat breakfast. Except I never wanted "typical" breakfast food in the morning. I craved mac n cheese, so that was my typical breakfast in the 1st trimester!

I ended up asking my doctor for a Phenergan prescription and it's been a lifesaver for me. I didn't start feeling normal again until 16 weeks, but most people feel better around 12-14 weeks. Hang in there! Oh, and I never v* from m/s either!

Congratulations! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

The people I know didn't suffer bad morning sickness, they felt n* but beyond that, were completely fine. x]

hi there, thanks for the encouragement. I asked a doctor at the birthing centre in the UK if I could take Phenergan as I had a terrible cold a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to calm down and try to stop the tickle in my throat and also just as a safety net for the Nausea and they wouldn't let me take any. I guess the UK has different rules to the US

Congratulations! I've never been pregnant, but when my sister was pregnant with my niece i remember she didn't have problems with morning sickness.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I don't know why phenergan would be okay here in the US but not in the UK? It's the same drug. Something else to try (that my OB approved) is Emetrol. You can get the Wal Mart brand for less than $3. It's pretty good at stopping nausea. I always had 3 bottles-one in my pocket, one in my purse, and one by my bed.

Also, ditto what everyone said about eating. Don't eat a whole lot at once, but nibble all day. Take your vitamin at night, rather than in the morning, and if you're still nauseated, try the children's chewables. If that doesn't help, skip them. (That came from my OB also.) I mean, if you take it the v* it back up, what's the point?
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

My OB has given me prescriptions for both Phenergan and Zofran to keep on hand in case I need them. So far I've been fine (knock on wood). I'm almost to 7 weeks now so I would have thought I'd feel something by now right? Faye, Congrats to you too on your pregnancy. Glad to see there are others going through this as well.

My next big obstacle is getting on a plane next month. I have to fly to a work conference and I'm already worrying about that. I really really really do not want to feel sick on the plane

you are very brave going on a plane when you are pregnant!!! I have purposly not renewed my passsport after getting married so I don't have to go on a plane in a hurry!!

why is it that the doctors in the US are so much more occomadating than in the UK. The doctors here wont give us anything to take

COngratulations! I have 4 kids, and never v'ed once!! :-)