Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: One visit

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Two visits

1 20.00%
  • At least five

1 20.00%
  • At most five

1 20.00%
  • Six months

0 0%
  • A year

0 0%
  • Until they tell me our visits are done

0 0%
  • Until my insurance/$ runs out

0 0%
  • Therapy’s a waste of money/time

0 0%
  • Never been but would like to

2 40.00%
  • This is a dumb poll

0 0%

do you give it with a therapist? What I mean is how many times do you go to figure if this is the therapist for you or not?

Shoot I had one visit as an option but being a genius and all I put it in the questions section lol ... choose this poll is stupid if your answer is one visit .... unless I figure out how to edit the poll lolEdited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I found that it depends on the therapist that you chose. Some, you know right off the bat that it just doesn't click, or they don't get you. Others, you have to give it a chance. I would definitely say, on average, more than 5 visits easily.

Usually, the therapists use the first 4,5, or 6 visits to get a complete understanding of your background history and what you want to accomplish. Then, you start to really delve into your anxieties and the causes for all these feelings and how to deal with them. I found that with my therapist, it took a good 6-10 months before I had a real breakthrough with her. But, the one before that, I knew inside of 3 or 4 visits that we just weren't clicking. So, chose wisely, know what you want to get out of therapy, and trust your instinct. Just because one doesn't work out doesn't mean another won't!!

Ha, I said two visits but for me it's just one. I suppose I shouldn't give up on them so soon. ^^; But I can usually tell if it won't work out or not so I guess it's not necessarily a bad thing.