Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey guys

I haven't posted for a looong time, mostly because I think this site was down for a while when I wanted to post.

Anyway currently having nausea attack late at night, typically while everyone is asleep so there is no one to talk to (the panic eases when I have someone to talk to). Have just had a bout of d* which was very random but to be honest I don't think it's an illness. Probably just stress as I'm back to work tomorrow with stupid boss after a brief break, and will have little sleep at this rate.

I've just taken an anti emetic and a good swig of Pepto Bismol about 20mins ago to ease the nausea. I ate a largeish meal about 8 hours ago and have had alcoholic drinks since but not much. So I don't know what it is. I'm just trying to stave off having a full blown panic attack as I know it's mind over matter but I can't breathe deeply as I'm finding it hard to breathe thanks to mild panicking.

I'm also doing a newly discovered calming method of mine- counting my heart rate to my stopwatch on my mobile phone. I had a severe attack of nausea in December and finally fell to sleep after monitoring my heart rate for 20minutes until I was so calm it dropped back to around 70 from 120!!

Any tips on calming would be most useful now, if any of you have any, as rationally I know I'm not "ill" as such and there's no reason for me to v*, I'm just trying not to panic which makes me feel worse...

Thanks!

Welcome back!

I think it's great that even in panic you're aware that you're not ill and that it is panic only. I'm betting having to go back to work tomorrow is the cause of it all (including the n and d). To calm down I distract myself or put a cool rag on the back of my neck. Messing around online sometimes helps, doodling, sipping cool water, chewing gum/sucking peppermint. Hope this helps and that you are able to get some sleep! Keep up the positivity!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

It helps me to take deep breaths, or atleast as deep as I can without feeling like I am going to v. It also helps me to distract myself as much as possible. Try counting by 2s or even 3s. Sometimes the most simple thing are impossible when you are panicked. Good Luck![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]