Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: What?

What do you think?Edited by: nightowl720

Nothing really.

I do the exact same things in winter as in any season because the truth is that you could get sick anytime so I focus my energies on beating this horrible anxiety and getting on with life.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I too feel "safer" in the warm months even though the last time my daughter got the stomach flu is was on FATHER'S DAY which as you know is in JUNE!!!

But, I pretty much do whatever anytime of year and just deal with any anxiety that follows...

I've had this phobia for 32 years with each year getting progressivly worse -- I can't afford to stop doing things because they scare me. If I do I fear that I would NEVER leave the house.

I try to keep myself very busy so I don't think about it as much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spring is the time that makes me most anxious!

Actually, where I am (southeastern US...North Carolina) Spring is when everyone starts getting the *sv. In the winter it's usually just colds and flu...but spring time comes and the *sv starts spreading like wildfires.

I haven't been nervous all winter but now that spring is in the air...I'm worried. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I actually try not to let it stop me from doing the normal things. Although I haven't been to the gym since before Christmas because I'm afraid of what my daughter might catch from the daycare there. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

i know that one can catch an sv* at any time, but once the weather is
    warm and sunny, i'm in a much better mood, my spirits are lifted, and
    that kind of helps with my emet. during the winter, it's cold and dreary,
    and that depresses me and makes my emet even worse.

I do feel safer in summer and spring, mainly because its so sunny it lifts my spirits.

The urge to live is stronger than the urge to give up.

My house had sv last May, mothers day it started with my 12 year old. Only him and my youngest son actually v*. I will be anxiously waiting for Mothers Day to come and go with hopefully no sv. Im freaked out all the time. My Emet is really bad right now [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]