Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: If you had cancer

What about the anit-nausea/vomiting medicine they can give you? I would definately want to take that.

Only if the doctors gave me the strongest anti-emets they had.

I definately would not. My personal belief is chemo kills more than it saves. I lost my sister because the chemo caused repeated pneumonia. My husband is currently fighting and the chemo has turned him into a withered up old man. My friend is an RN and she said there are very few cancers that can actually be cured by chemo. Alot of other people don't agree with my beliefs and that is okay. Just put that there because I don't want to upset anyone.

This is a very good Q and i have thought about it before believe it or not!

I dont think i know myself..the thought frightend the hell out of me but again theres meds that would help with the v* and n* just like the ones us emet takes some times..but then on the other hand could i not go through it and pass away instead..i realy dont know unless im there...

My Aunt and Grandma just went through chemo - my Aunt for Breast Cancer and Grandma for Lymphoma. They took anti-n* and never v*.

I have the Breast Cancer gene mutation and I'm pretty sure I will get cancer, but I'm actually not scared at all. My family are all cancer survivors, and I know for a fact that the anti-n* pill works very well.

As others have said, it would depend on my age at the time and my chances to beat the cancer. And probably what kind of cancer it was, since I'm sure some types make you sick at your stomach anyway.

I know I'll never have gastric bypass although doctors have tried to talk me into it. Of course that's more elective than chemo, although it would help me considerably with several of my problems and probably prolong my life.

I would rather just die from cancer honestly.

I am weak and cowardly.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Good question, I've actually thought about this before.
    I would not have chemo because of the almost 100% chances of v*ing. Also because I do't value my life much and would rather die then v

I would choose chemo over the fear of vomiting...there are some people who dont get ill from the chemo and there are plenty of strong anti emetics that help with that side effect so its not a 100% certainty that you will vomit.

I would only have chemo if I knew that it was going to cure me. If I had untreatable/terminal cancer then I would not have the chemo, purely for the fact that I would like to spend what time I had left enjoying myself and not having to go through the dreadful side effects of chemo. Feeling constantly tired and sick is no way to spend your last weeks/months is it.

If the chemo would cure me though, then I would go for it. As terrified as I would be of the vomiting associated with it, it is not worth dying over. My mum has had a rare form of cancer on and off for like 8 years now and has had various types and amounts of chemo. Sometimes she vomited and sometimes she didn't, it all depends on how much you have, which type of chemo it is and also how your body will react to it. There are plenty of anti-sickness pills out there too which they can give you to prevent it from happening, so it will not definitely happen. My mum actually told me that the anti-sickness pills were what made her sick and she felt better not taking them.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe