Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was just wondering which over-the-counter medicine is best for n***. I know that medicating myself is not the answer, but I'm curious to know which one is best. I have been going through a divorce for 3 yrs now and tomorrow I finally go to court to get it finalized. I know that I'm going to be anxious and nervous for me that usually leads to n*** which leads to panic. Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks for taking the time to post.Edited by: cmnava

Try dramamine. I think that's the best OTC. Sorry you are going through that. I saw your post on the other site. I play the violin too!~

I agree dramamine is the best OTC med you can buy.

Sorry you've been having a hard time -- I hope tomorrow goes well for you.

PS: I played violin in the 3rd grade - Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star is as far as I got - LOL

definitely dramamine... make sure you get the less drowsy formula
    because the original will knock you out! feel better!

Everyone on here says dramamine but it doesn't help me much. I think Meclizine is the best over the counter but it's not as well known because you have to ask the pharmacist for it, they stock it behind the counter. It used to be only available by rx but you can just ask for it now. It's very cheap too about $8 for 100 tablets. It comes in 12.5 or 25 mg. Worth a try if the dramamine doesn't work for you. I think it's really good and take it when I don't want to use up my phenergen. Good luck tomorrow.

meclizine is the active ingredient in dramamine.

^In the less drowsy kind.

Dimenhydrinate is the active ingredient in the original Dramamine.

Meclizine is the main ingredient in Bonine. The pharmacy's near me have it in the aisle next to Dramamine.Edited by: centipede

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I find for every day queasies, Rolaids Advanced are very effective. They have acid neutralizers AND gas medicine, and they tend to settle my belly pretty quick. (Di-gels were my old standby but they stopped making those -- Rolaids Advanced then came out with the same combo) You can also stash a roll in your pocket and pop them as needed, and they start working really fast so that's an advantage.

Meclizine makes me drowsy, and I've not really tried it for n* other than motion sickness, though it works great for vertigo! (Perhaps it's just the nap that helps there? haha)

I like Nauzene and Emetrol.
    Amanda

Proud mommy to:
    Michael (11)
    Bethanie (7)
    Peanut (EDD 14 March 2009)

I've heard Unisome (the sleep aid) works too so I bought some but I haven't tried it yet. Normally I use Dramamine or Pepto Bismol.

Have you ever tried Bach flower essences? They're not a medicine, but they're otc.. there's a mix called the rescue remedy which is AMAZING for anxiety.. you put four drops on/under the tongue, and then it definitely helps (me at least) to pretty much lose the nervousness.. if it comes back, just take a couple more drops. There's no way to overdose so that's not a worry. I tend to see them most often at natural foods stores..

Does anyone know if Motillium 10 (Domperidone) is any good to use?

Its available OTC in the UK, not sure about the US though.

Or would you say dramamine is still the best?

My girlfriend hasnt been sick but told me she has an upset stomach and feels a bit n* so im very scared right now and wanna make sure im not s*

thank you guys [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Omg, confusedgirl! I can't believe that someone out there knows about Bach flower remedies!! That's so exciting. I've never tried them myself but we use rescue remedy on the horses at my old farm who had anxiety problems. I really liked them though, some alternative stuff is pretty neat.

I use Rescue Remedy too. As a matter of fact, I carry it with me. Just as an FYI though, it contains 27% alcohol.

Friend me on Facebook

For OTC. I am very pleased with both the Non-Drowsy and normal Dremamine formulas. But I have IBS that leads to not so happy tummy time which I have Tigan (Rx) for for my n*

Hope you find something that works for you!

Dramamine is my best friend. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Phoenixprouk - Motillium 10 is great - give it 30mins or so and it soon kicks in. My mum is a nurse and gets me a good supply of it!

Pepto Bismol is pretty good stuff for over-the-counter medicine. I've just run out of it as I over-ate tonight and needed some!

I don't think I've ever had dramamine. Is it that good?

Personally I like drowsy anti-emetics as the drowsy ingredients tend to calm me down...and once my heart rate is down and I'm tired I panic much less and then realise I don't feel so ill after all!