Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey guys!!!

LOVIN' THE SITE'S MAKEOVER HERE!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Although I will miss having all those posts under my belt! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]J/K Everyone!!

GREAT GREAT JOB JOHN!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]I was so happy when I first saw it!!

THANK YOU!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you guys about my day. This post is a typical "Neha post", so please, read at your own risk, okay? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

WARNING: GRAPHIC & MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEREAD AT OWN RISK!!!!!

My day started horribly!!! I mean, It was the WORST!! My mom drove me to school today, and while we were driving on the highway, we came across a bunch of cars blocking the road. We wondered what all the commotion was. Well, we finally got past all the cars to see a body lying in the ditch. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]It took me a while to process what was going on, and when I finally did, I was horrified!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] The person was dead!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]It was one of the worst sights I have EVER EVER seen in my life you guys. I have to tell you. I can't get that image out ofmy head. It was an old man who had apparently been murdered. I think he was beaten to death or something and had been lying there for a while because there were marks on his body and his body looked like it had somewhat decayed or something. Anyway, there was a lady screaming something, checking his pulse. But I think she knew he was dead. A bunch of cars had stopped and a bunch of people had gotten out of their cars. I wanted to do the same. I wanted to make sure everything was okay. I felt horrible! I just had this need to be there, you know? Not a morbid sort of thing, but I just felt awful and I wanted to do anything I could to help!!! Does that make sense or does that soundphony baloney and am I some sicko??[img]smileys/smilies_24.gif[/img]Anyway,we couldn't stop, because we were in the middle of the road, and there were already a lot of cars stopped, and plus, I was getting late to class.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I felt horrible you guys!! I wanted to help!!! Someone had obviously already called an ambulance because my mom told me that when she was driving back home, they hadblocked off that whole part of the road andtons of police cars were there. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]I just felt sick to my stomach you know. I have never seen anything like that before. I've never seen a dead body in real life, and it was a really hard image to process.

GRAPHIC PART OVER

Anyway, I got to Psychology class, and we were doing group work which took my mind off of things. I was even able to laugh and let loose for a while.

Then it came Spanish class time. Earlier, we were told to write a paper on a sickness or disease. I had already done my food allergy to peanuts paper, so I decided to do one about emetophobia!! At first I was very reluctant to share with the class, but I did it anyway!! (I typed it up at school because I had a three hour break between classes.) There are only 4 other people in my class anyways, and they are all my friends and we are allpretty close. So, I felt a lot more comfortable doing itin front ofa smaller audience. Anyway, it was hard to write, not only because I had to write it in S
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Neha[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Congratulations on your Spanish story. Great that you were able to share this with your class. That took lots of strength!

Also, don't ever think you are babbling. I enjoy hearing about how your day went and how you are doing. You always have something positive to say even if it has been a bad day.

Keep on posting.[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

--Debbie--

Debbie

Wow I'm sorry you had to see that this morning! I thnk I would have freaked out! Good job on not letting it make you turn around and go home. [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Congratulations on you B+'s, that is a WONDERFUL grade! And on your Spanish report! Your professor sounds really great![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

\"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thank you Simply & Thank you Debbie!!! I trully appreciate your reading my post and for your kind replies!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

My day ended very well too!! Well, it's not officially over, but I'll call it a day from here. My favorites on American Idol didn't get voted off!! LOL!! And I polished off my essay to submit it tomorrow!! Then, I get a holiday on Friday!! YAY!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

heya

i think u were very brave going thru what u saw and not really collapsing at all. if i was in ur position i wud hav compltely freaked and certainly cudnt have gone to school :s

about this spanish paper, i think that is exellent, i used to do spanish for GCSE and i cant even imagine how hard tht must have been to write! altho very rewarding i'd imagine as well. so welldone

and its good that ur therapy session went well. good news there too

tke care

Jen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:

Hey Neha!

It was really lovely to read about your day - as someone else has said, you are always able to be positive about your life and to see the best in a situation. Seeing what you did must have been incredibly difficult, and your reactions were totally justified and normal and do not make you a sicko!!

I'm really proud of you for your essay in Spanish class - I'm not sure that I could stand up and do that even today. It shows how far you have come - one of your biggest fearsused to bethat people were laughing at you, and you managed to read about your fear in spite of that! So well done!

Great to hear how well you are doing

Esther xx

Jen,

Hey thanks!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]It was a bit difficult to write. I havetrouble expressing how I feel about v****** in English and now I was doing it inSpanish! LOL! But once I stared, I couldn't stop!! LOL!! I thought it was very therapuetic to write about it, even if it was in another language! It's my major, so I'll have to get used to it!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Esther,

Hey there!! How are you doing???? WOW!! It's been so long!!! Thank you for your response!! And thank you for saying I've come a long way!! You don't know how much that meant to me!!! [img]smileys/smilies_16.gif[/img]Thank you!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

congratulations neha! you remained calm when you saw the body & when you had to give that speech. boy do i remember my first speech in class. it was 7th grade in english. i was so scared , but i made it through & i got a good grade too.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Thanks Stephanie!!

I just hope I never have to see something like that again!! I felt awful!! I don't know how the CSI people do it!! It's too emotionally draining and heart-wrenching, you know? I mean, I can watch the investigativeshows like Forensic Filesor City Confidentialon TV, but in real life...too much!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Anyway, it was hard getting up at first, but onceI was up there, I kind of just went with it and started talking as if I was the only one there! I had a podium to stand behind, so that made it easier! And another plus is that there were only 4 other people in my class. I feel really close to each of them. We're all friends, so that helped a lot!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

Hey Neha,

Wow, that must have been traumatic somewhat to see that, geez I know I would have been freaked out and prolly would have started feeling queasy. You handled that well!

Thats cool too that you got to write a paper in Spanish about emetophobia lol! Wow, I don't think I would be brave enough to share that with the class.

Sounds like you made it through well.

WOW! I know what its like to finally share your story, i just did a similar assignment except it was for pyschology class and written in english. lol. it feels really nice to get it all out doesn't it?

I can't belive you saw a dead body. thats the only other thing that really scares me I think its because Ive never seen it before.. aka the fear of the unknown.

you did wonderful. a B+ is an awesome mark!
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

wow what an up and down day!! Weel done for sharing your emetophobia with other people in your class! That must of taken alot of courage. Those marks are great! well done. Are you ok about what you saw this morning?? It must of been really tough. Have you heared any more news of the man??

Quote Originally Posted by NCsmile6

Thanks Stephanie!!

I just hope I never have to see something like that again!! I felt awful!! I don't know how the CSI people do it!! It's too emotionally draining and heart-wrenching, you know? I mean, I can watch the investigativeshows like Forensic Filesor City Confidentialon TV, but in real life...too much!! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Anyway, it was hard getting up at first, but onceI was up there, I kind of just went with it and started talking as if I was the only one there! I had a podium to stand behind, so that made it easier! And another plus is that there were only 4 other people in my class. I feel really close to each of them. We're all friends, so that helped a lot!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i know what you mean. i love the shows like forensic files, the new detectives, city confidential, american justice, and on court tv they have the system. that's the best one.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Hey all!!! Thanks for the encouraging responses!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Galadriel,

I was queasy when I saw it, actually[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]. It was so strange. I didn't want to look at it, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it at the same time. After we had passed it, I was just so extremely upset!! I couldn't stop talking about it with my mom. I kept wondering about the man's life and whether his family knew and who would do such a bad thing, etc.

But when I got to psychology class, which I really enjoy, I was able to put it behind me for a while. We were doing group work, and it was just me and my friends having a great time. We were probably the loudest group there!! Does that make me a bad person? Laughing the same day I saw something like that?? Now that I think about it, I sound awful!!! It just felt good to think about something besides that, you know?

Babydoll,

It was GREAT to get it out!! How did your class or professor react to your paper? Was it a presentation?I also fear the unknown!!! Very much so!! [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]**shivers** Sometimes I wish I could see into the future you know...then other times I don't! LOL!!

Izzy,

Yes!! That was a very very rollercoaster-y day!I am okay now, thanks for asking. It was very hard in the beggining, but now it is easier. I was looking through the newspaper for anything at all about what I saw, but I can't find A THING!! We also watched the 6:00 p.m. news...nothing....I wonder if they will cover it on the news. I would really like to know what happened!! I had to pass that same route today to get to school, and I kind of winced when we got to the spot where it happened. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Stephanie,

I watch those shows all the time. City Confidential, Forensic Files, The System, Cold Case Files, Unsolved Mysteries, AMW, etc. I find forensic science and detective type work very interesting and people often ask me that if I watch so many shows on it, why can't I pursue a career in that field? Well, it'shas to do with yesterday....I wouldn't be able to handle nor stomach something like that everyday. I don't know how people do it!

Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!