Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

nooooooooooooo
    Last edited by jadedjewels; 06-26-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Wow you have a lot on your plate right now! Glad youre getting into a therapist. As for cramps I had pretty bad ones too and .... you're gonna hate me for this .... birth control is the only thing that has helped to where I can still function. I was using a heating pad and OTC pain medication, tried cutting down caffiene and eat healthier around that time, tried exercising and eating fish but none of it made it where I could function the first day of my period. Maybe look into a different b/c that is less likely to have the weight gain as a side effect? As for the panic attacks the therapist should be able to teach you coping skills but in the mean time, try slow abdominal breathing, distracting yourself, and I read somewhere that things like potatoes are high in something (can't remember now) that helps w/ anxiety. Maybe look into a self help book too! The Anxiety and Panic Workbook by Bourne is good (I loaned mine out .... not bright). Anyhow, hope this helps!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

WOW you have a lot to deal with. OK for period pains ask your doc to prescribe 800mg of motrin, you can only get it by prescription. It is AWESOME. They call it Ranger Candy because its what Special Forces etc use for pain. Soemthing else I used to take was Alka Seltzer, that stuff used to help no end.

Stay on the ativan. I know you said it's habit forming, but you're going through so much right now, once you get through your divorce etc you will probably be able to wean yourself off, don't just stop.

There are so many options for birth control right now discuss all of them with your doctor, ask about all of the side effects, they are there to treat you.

Please stay positive!! I hope this helps a little.

nooooooooooooo
    Last edited by jadedjewels; 06-26-2014 at 11:46 AM.