Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

PHOBIA?

My 13 year old was s* again last night. Went to bed with the bucket. I took her in Emetrol AGAIN as well as a coke (with a straw) and a cold wet washcloth. I could not STAY with her but heard her and went to empty the bucket as needed.

All the while NO PANIC -- NO FEAR at all!!!

I am happy that this week I have been able to take control of my emotions and anxiety but will I be as strong "next time".

I cried when my daughter THANKED me for emptying the bucket and told me how well I was doing (she is such a sweet and loving kid).

WORST part -- she is home ALONE becasue I was s* on Tuesday and for all of you with jobs -- you know it's not really possible to miss two days in one week regardless of the reason -- I wish her stupid father would answer his phone so he could go get her and care for her until I can get out of here!!!

Thanks for listening -- sorry it was so..... long.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

that is amazing kellygirl! that's such a terrifying situation for us emet's. i really hope your newfound strength continues on forever. you should be very proud.

Thanks Leia -- I hope that somehow, someday we all find our innerstrength and learn how to channel it when needed.

This time was so... different for me. And other than making a promise to myself to let go of the things that I cannot control and try to live my life without fear and anxiety (recent death of a loved one -- perspective I guess) I have don't NOTHING differently (and trust me -- I have told myself many, many times that it's just a normal bodily function -- nothing to fear -- I feared it just the same!!!).

But thank you -- it's always nice to get a pat on the back especially from people who TRULY understand!!!

That's so great! I know that for me, even the sound of it makes my anxiety skyrocket, and to think that you both heard, saw, AND took care of it! Bravo!

Good job! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Thanks again to all of you. I appreciate the support and kind words. Lets just hope this isn't a one time thing and that next time (because face it there will be a next time) I can handle it equally as well!!!

Good job!! We are all much stronger than we think. When our kids are sick, we go into mom mode and do what we have to do to get them (and us) through it. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Sometimes I think that it's the impending situation that is the most stressful. I mean, I personally stress out thinking "what if I v*" even though I'm not sick at all, just worried that I might possibly get sick someday is what stresses me out the most. But I think you just rise to the occassion when it does happen, with yourself, or kids or whomever.
    As rational as I may sound, I have emet REALLY REALLY bad!!!

GREAT job kellygirl! I feel so proud of you as a fellow emet

That strength is there - we're just sometimes so ingrained in habit patterns of fear that they take over before we realize that we do actually have a choice.

Good for you!!

Agreed Musicman -- most of the time my flight response just takes over. I'm on the phone, pacing, sweating, feeling sick myself, trying desparately to get someone/anyone to come get my daughter. This was the very first time EVER I didn't do that. Didn't even really think about it.

I FIRMLY believe that since my daughter was willing and able to care for herself and NOT UPSET me by telling me she felt s* or that she had v* that I could help her. Does that make any sense at all??? I feel like if she would have told me I would have FREAKED out.

Oh well whatever the reason it was a giant step in the right direction (lets hope I can enjoy my vacation in Key West and not be fixated on the drunk at the end of each and every bar on Duval Street - LOL).