Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Help :-(

My girlfriend was sent home from work this moring, she felt dizzy and her stomach was a bit messed up.

She hasnt been sick, and shes eaten a bit but is still feeling n*, its now 8:30pm here.

Although I havent seen her since last night, im now terrified im gonna get this thing too which could make me s*

Please help, im so scared :-( [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Try not to panic, she may just be having an off day, she doesn't necessarily have anything that would make you s*. Also, you haven't been with her today so I would have thought it unlikely that you would catch anything anyway.

Im trying my best, im really scared :-( I know later, when im fine as I always am, ill be really embarrased and apologetic on this thread, but right now I dont care :-s

*is scared*

I feel for you My boyfriend FREQUENTLY complains of n*, and being an emet I always run into the whole 'I care about so-and-so but they are sick so I do not want to be near them.' It took me a long time to even kiss him, but I realized that even if you are in close contact with people, it doesn't mean you'll get sick even if it is contagious (and this might not be!!). You'll be okay, just relax a little and tell yourself that it'll be alright and what she has (if she has anything at all!) might not even be contagious.

Just try to relax, I'm sure you'll be fine.

People can feel sick for so many different reasons. Even if she had a sv*, you would have to ingest it and being as you haven't been around her since last night...I would think you are pretty safe!

well, day number 2, she isnt going to any classes because shes feeling rough still :-( Though she said its mostly her head now, she still has a bit a 'funny tummy'- her words.

So I guess this rules out her having a down day [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Don't worry about you getting anything, you weren't around her when she was displaying symptoms. And she still hasn't v so it probably isn't an sv. Maybe she has an inner ear issue? Hopefully she feels better soon but if not a visit to her doctor may be a good idea.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I said id see her tomorrow, if she isnt symptomatic, I can only assume im not gonna catch it... right? I mean I can kiss her safely?

Hiya,
    Women sometimes have funny tummys cos of periods etc. Also depends on how sensitive her stomach is. I found out over the weekend I can't eat apples or oranges as it gives me horrendous stomach cramps.

Also, have you asked your doctor for an anti-s*ness medicine? I have metoclopramide hydrochloride which helps me. When I had food poisoning it delayed it for ages which kinda gave me time to get ready. And when I've been feeling just s* in general, I take it and I'm not s*. I think with the food poisoning I had to as it was like bad in my body.

I hope you're ok, I really don't think you will catch anything. Take vitamin C and things to boost your immune system to make sure you're really good at fighting things off. [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]

well its day 4, she has hardly eaten but has not been sick at all when she has eaten, although she said its made her stomach hurt.

She also hasnt had, ya know, D* for a couple of days, but im worried because of how little she is eating. I mean, If I saw her, I can kiss her and stuff and be alright, right?

She said she knows 100% it isnt related to 'that time of the month' and is accompanied by headaches, though she does get headaches a bit anyway.

Heeeelp :-( I really miss her, but my demons are keeping me from seeing her.

It doesn't sound like a *sv but maybe something else is going on...

It's been 4 days...maybe you should ask her to go to the doctor to find out what's going on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

She keeps saying 'its just a bug', although yet to be sick, she is still feeling sick after eating, and apparently her brother is now having stomach pain too, which leads me to believe it is contagious.

This really sucks [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I mean, I can handle it if its not gonna make me sick, but Im gonna be constantly on edge worrying that I could be because she felt sick, and still does after all.

I dont know what to do, I feel so bad, all your advice is appreciated guys, and anymore to help me out would be fantastic, cos im stuck for ideas, and right now my phobia is owning me and im not ready to face it just yet, not until my state of mind is back to normal.

Hiya,
    If it's something I've had recently- I started with horrendous stomach cramps on saturday and nearly went to hospital on sunday but thought they might pump my stomach so didn't go. Anyway, since then I've still been suffering the pain. I've had d* [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] and have felt s* but haven't been s* (I think I have the strongest stomach muscles ever as I usually end up with all the bugs but don't v* as much as anyone else who catches the same bugs lol). Anyway, I'm still in pain at the moment and have hardly eaten anything, so I think it may be a bug. I was worried in case I had food poisoning at first, but I'm really not sure what it is. If it's the same bug- you 100% will not v*. It's not nice but you'll probably feel s* from the pain, but you won't be.

Personally I would avoid anyone with those symptoms for a few days as I
    would hate the nausea she seems to be suffering.I wouldn't even think
    about kissing her for about a week but that's just me being very cautious
    and neurotic but I know people can still be contagious for a few days after
    the symptoms disappear. Sorry!

Slight update, her brother is now ok, as are all her family. And on monday night when she went out she jokingly kissed one of her girlfriends (after drinking alot of alcohol which still didnt make her sick),and her friend is ok.

So Maybe im wrong and this ist contagious?

Even if it is, I guess logic seems to winning today because if I were s* right now I wouldnt care.

Wow, I love these days, I feel normal.

Still I know ill be neurotic after I see her and do kiss her, so I guess im still looking for that sign or advice itll be ok.

Of course, most sv's are usually transmitted through the, uh, 'outcome' of a person, and shes not been sick, so surely kissing her and being with her is really not gonna affect me, moreso if I dont put my hands in my mouth at all!

I think ill be ok, but I guess im waiting for someone to confirm that! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

you will be fine [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Will I actually or are you saying that? ;-)

Im a little scared :-(

Hiya,
    No I'm not just saying it. If I haven't been sick and I've had horrendous stomach cramps since saturday night and have still eaten some bits in between, then you certainly won't!!!
    Us emetophobes tend to have stronger stomach muscles than those who don't. They tend to feel s* and then they are, but we tend to feel s* and manage to hold it in. Usually with me, when I feel s*, I hold it in and then I have d* which I can cope with so much better than being s*.
    Does your girlfriend know about your phobia??

Yeah she knows about it. I can cope with d* fine to be honest.

Ah I dont know.. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Well I think it's best you steer clear and stop feeling so guilty. Everyone has their good things and bad things to deal with, and ours is our emetophobia. I don't think your girlfriend will be upset or judge you about it, so you need to calm down and relax otherwise you'll end up making yourself ill when you're not ill. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] (I've done it myself many times!!!)

nah im seeing her, im sucking it up, and seeing her. I once told her id fight through hell to see her, nows my chance to prove it, and fight some of my own demons.

Awwwwwwwwww that's so cute!!! My partner did the same for me, he's got a phobia of needles and when I had our son he was with me all the way even though I had an epidural (Huuuuuuuuuuuge needle!!)