Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Cipro???

i was just prescribed the antibiotic Cipro (250mg) for a UTI. of course one of the side effects is n* (i think every medication has that as a side effect!)
    has anyone taken this before?? did it make anyone s*?? i'm usually VERY sensitive to antibiotics so i'm super nervous. Also, when i take it, generally how long does it take for any side effects to show up?? Thank you!!

i took it and i didn't feel a thing and no side effects at all. You should calm yourself , you are going to be fine im sure of it .

I've never taken it but I know people who have, nonemets that would have no problem w/ the n if they got it. Read the packet and if you are supposed to take it w/ food, make sure you do and drink plenty of water.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Omg, so I get UTIs like they're a fashion statement! The 250mg Cipro is always what they give me first, and then if it doesn't go away, Bactrim, then double dose of Cipro, double dose of Bactrim, then Doxycycline. ALL of these made me feel better within a few hours of taking them, and they should be in your system within 24 hours. I've always taken meds with food and since it's a UTI drink TONS of water, because Cipro will make you pee a lot and you don't want to get dehydrated! Maybe that's what they're talking about v* possibly is from dehydration. But really, I found no side-effects at all, and am rather fond of Cipro to cure my nasty infections

i took it and was fine. just eat with it. No problem

i am just coming to the end of my second course of cipro 500mg twice daily i have had the n* but not so much that it would make me V* or even panic much you should be fine as katsamom says make sure you eat with it even just a craker or some toast is enough it has taken my appetite away but on the otherhand if you do not take it the infection will make you feel a whole lot worse

you will be fine
    lyndsayanne

thank you everyone!! you all made me feel sooo much better!
    i took it about 2 hours ago and so far i feel fine yay!