Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend any good books focusing on getting over emetophobia!?
    I really hate dwelling on this fear by occupying my free time reading about it, but I do feel that by others sharing experiences that are helpful, it does make me feel better.

Living with Emetophobia by Nicolette Heaton-Harris is the only book I know of that's specifically about emetophobia. There are workbooks for phobias in general though.

The Amazon.com reviews for the book don't seem to think that the book has any good advice as far as coping with emet. I've never heard of the book, I think I'll still buy it anyway to see for myself how helpful it can be.

=)
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

I guess that having read it, I would agree with that idea overall r311dude (though I haven't read the Amazon reviews myself) - the book tells a lot of people's stories about "living with emet," like the title says, but doesn't really go into how to cope.

I thought it could have used more editing, too. But I still found it encouraging to read about others somehow; the whole knowing-you're-not-the-only-one idea. And I was so glad that there was finally a book dedicated just to emet!

The book was also written in lower-class dialect. It is very hard to read. Might I suggest sticking with my FAQs instead? They are free and available online at the link below.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.