Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My stubborn hubby wouldn't get out of the car at a red light to v* and so trashed the car this morning... any suggestions on how to get it out of the seats and carpet? Also, what should I use on the hard surfaces?

Thanks from someone rather distraught and disgusted.

KC

Take it to a detailer.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You have my sympathies!!! Maybe have HIM take it to the detailer They have those steam vacuums and chemical cleaners for things like this...although I've found that doing a second cleaning with something like Resolve or Spot Shot is helpful after it comes back from the detailers.

Also when you bring it back from the detailers, make sure it gets a chance to dry out completely (maybe leave in the sun with windows cracked). You sure don't want mildew on top of everything else you've just had to deal with.

Best of luck with this!!! If other have ideas, please post them

Ew. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] A detailer is a good idea like gumdropper said. They have all the chemicals to get the smell out. If u do it on ur own, the smell may never come out.
    Georgi

I agree with whoever said this should be your husband's problem. Next time, perhaps he'll be less "stubborn" about getting out of the car!

Alternately, take it to a detailer and charge it to him!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

I ended up doing it myself with Resolve and Fantastik because I didn't know when we'd have the chance to get it professionally done and it was supposed to get really warm the next few days so I just got it over with. It seems okay now but I'll see if there's some way we can get it done this weekend just in case.

Was he drunk? [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Georgi

why was he driving if he felt so ill?
    or was he not driving?Edited by: prncesspnk