Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone here ever tried marijuana for n* or v* and if so did it help? What was your experience like? What side effects did it have and how did it make you feel and for how long? Did you smoke or consume it orally with food? I've been thinking about this for a while as I have severe panic attacks, no appetite and almost constant nausea.. I'm desparate for help.

I used to smoke marijuana all the time (about 20 years ago). It used to make me really tired and sometimes n*. It really made me feel worse than better. However, I think it has the opposite effect on most people...makes them feel better.

A few years back my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer and she went through chemotherapy. Ofcourse the chemo made her very n* and she was losing a dangerous amount of weight from having no appetite. My mom gave her some marijuana and it relieved her of her n* and she got the 'munchies' alot, so she ate well after smoking.

I'm curious too! I've never done pot but wondered often if it would relax me and help with nausea.
    JANNA

I have a friend here on the forums with whom we've discussed this, so I'll let him answer for himself

Personally I've never tried it, mostly because it's illegal here

I've tried it a few times and didn't like the feeling at all. The first time I smoked to much or something and blacked out for a few seconds...then I had to lie down and felt so dizzy and N*...it was horrible.

The next 2 times were not as bad because I smoked less...but I was so cold and sleepy. It just made me feel sick-ish. Definitely not a pleasant thing for me.Edited by: laylamommy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I used to smoke it OMGosh, when I was way younger, no kids. All it did for me was make hungry and laugh at the dumbest things. I have heard that it works great for n* though. I wonder if you can get a script for it?
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ok i know that emets will do any thing to prevent or do away with n*
    but now you guys are crossing the line. ARE YOU AWARE THAT THATS
    ILLEGAL?? im horrified! and no it wont "help" n*. you guys are wacko.
    get a life. being an emet doesnt give you a right to stoop this low. get
    your act together. this is one time i wont be sweet and helpful
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Quote Originally Posted by kendall
    Actually some people can get prescriptions for it if they have chronic illness. It DOES help some people.

I thought this forum was for support...not to judge people and put them down. I don't know what you think gives you the right to stoop so low as to judge and put down others. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/...allenges/litig ators/medical/conditions/nausea.cfm

Marijuana does have medicinal uses...

It probably isn't the best life choice and I don't think anyone should run out and try to buy it but...

I don't think it's right for someone here to judge or put someone down.
    [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

this is one time i wont be sweet and helpful
    Dude, you have 7 posts. This is the one time out of 7 that you won't be sweet!? Wow. Is that an accomplishment for you? Whatever...
    You have no right to judge anyone! You are on these boards for support, too. What happens when you do something that others might not agree with, cause there are plenty of "legal" things that I disagree with way more than smoking a little bud. But I'm not gonna judge those who do those things because that is their business. If you don't agree...don't reply.

Hiya,

Just thought Id post on my experiences of smoking it!! When i first started smoking it (many moons ago, and only every now and again socailly!!), it just gave me the giggles and made me so so relaxed!! I just wanted to lie back and chill out, or sleep....or eat loads!!! But then one day I smoked without eating, and had drunk some beer too, and I had a terrible time. Its what they call 'whiting out'!! After that, I got so paranoid, it happened every time I smoked (which was about another 3 times). So I stopped smoking it and havnt touched it since, and wouldnt ever again. But I have heard that it supposed to help with n* and have some sort of natural anti-emetic, but I dont know if thats true or not. I personally dont believe it, but I have heard its worked for some people. I guess its a matter of personal choice and the kind of person you are. If you are going to try it and immediately panic that it wont work, or MAY make you feel ill, then dont try it!!

And im not an advocate of drugs usage, but I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and should be able to make their own choices in these situations without being judged. I think a lot of us would try pretty much most things if we believed it would help to ease our suffering.

I used to smoke weed a lot when i was younger and it made me really chill but i was always paranoid that i was going to get sick off of any type of high so i had what i call " psychological nausea" we all know what that is.
    I have heard that it helps with nausea ..especially those who have to go through chemo ( they get prescriptions) I would like to try it as a relaxant again ..the only thing holding me back is that I am afraid that it will be laced with some other drug that I dont know about, thats the freakiest thing about it imo. I had a very bad trip once when i shared a blunt with one of my friends sisters and i know it was laced and ever since then i have been really anxious about buyin just any old weeed..i woudl really have to know the person.

Its kind of irionic that you bring this up because i have been thinking about it for a while too. well, let me know how it goes for you if you end up experimenting!

I don't want to start an argument here as I've been "stalking" longer than I have been a member but this is a forum for support of those of us who suffer from emetophobia -- this is not the place or time to judge anyone for any of their actions (or thoughts for that matter). Also each and everyone of us has an opinion and should be able to speak freely without reprecussion -- don't we get enough of that from the people who truly just don't understand us???

We should at the very least be supportive of one another and I agree if you don't have anything nice to say DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

This is the ONE place that we should all feel SAFE no matter what...

im not trying to judge people but seriously thats bad for you i mean there are PLENTY of other options to help you relax and yes you can
    get a prescription for it but that doesn't mean its good for you. its
    just people with emetophobia are here to battle it not just say "gee
    im feeling anxious today let me go get a prescription for something
    thats illegal" i didnt think about what i said and im sorry i was having
    one of those days when im just completely sick of people feeling
    sorry for me my best friend has been saying "oooh i soooooo
    understand i feel bad for you" and seeing this just made me want to
    be "normal" im sorry for anyones feeling getting hurt i didnt think
    about what i was typeing ind i just typed what i was thinking which i
    should of kept for myself. but come on you guys we can handle this
    in a different way and beat it i hope you forgive me
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

^If you were to get a prescription for it, then it wouldn't BE illegal.

Plus, I don't think the person asking the question wanted it to relax...they were asked about it's anti-emetic effects and whether anyone had any experience with it.

I agree that this is a SUPPORT forum! Edited by: kittygurl21

kendall, first of all you have no idea what its like, this is a site for emets, you are not one therefore you can not judge us. You have no clue what its like living in fear all of the time, its not the kind of fear you can just push away, but you wouldn't know that, so you shouldn't say anything. i have no clue what you are doing here...but seriously this is where we come to find solice of some type, and you ruined that. and seriously, it was just a question, last time i checked that was not illegal.
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

Lets not fight or argue, we are here for the same reasons and whatever support we can offer is all we need. No lectures and no put downs. I for one would readily take it if it would help with my chronic n*, illegal or not.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Quote Originally Posted by eeb1017
    kendall, first of all you have no idea what its like,
    this is a site for emets, you are not one therefore you can not judge us.
    You have no clue what its like living in fear all of the time, its not the
    kind of fear you can just push away, but you wouldn't know that, so you
    shouldn't say anything. i have no clue what you are doing here...but
    seriously this is where we come to find solice of some type, and you
    ruined that. and seriously, it was just a question, last time i checked
    that was not illegal.
    ive been an emet for 9 years i apologized
    and its over why do you not think im and emetophobe
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Quote Originally Posted by laylamommy
    ^If you were to get a prescription for it, then it
    wouldn't BE illegal.

Plus, I don't think the person asking the question wanted it to
    relax...they were asked about it's anti-emetic effects and whether
    anyone had any experience with it.
    please stop all of you read
    my post before this and please except my apology im sorry. i need this
    site just to get through a day and i dont think it would help for every
    one to judge me on a mistake i made now please, just stop posting
    about what i said
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Quote Originally Posted by grgygrl
    Lets not fight or argue, we are here for the same
    reasons and whatever support we can offer is all we need. No lectures
    and no put downs. I for one would readily take it if it would help with
    my chronic n*, illegal or not.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    thank you for kind of not
    saying anything rude, i think
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Ok everyone, I'm sorry for bringing up such a controversial topic. I really want everyone to stop fighting each other. Kendall has repeatedly apologized and I have forgiven her. I wish I could delete this "Marijuana and N*" post altogether to put an end to the arguing, but I don't have the authority to. Look, we are emets and we are struggling for the most part from the same things-- WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER! Sage or Hippychic or whoever is able, will you please take down this post? I don't want to be the cause of any further discord. We all need each other for support and encouragement. That's what this forum is supposed to be for.

i apologize as well, for some reason i thought i read that you (kendall) wasn't an emet. I am sorry as well, i think we all are just very up tight seeing as it is such a touchy subject. Again, i am sorry too for saying that as well.
    Apologies,
    Erin
    \"The habbits of inattention and absence are strong, yet the experience of life, moment by moment, is precious\"

AIM = burnbaby1017

It's not illegal everywhere. Some states in the US allow it for medicinal uses because they found it does help with nausea.

Furthermore, in some countries it is LEGAL for recreational use and this forum attracts an international crowd, some may live in a country where smoking pot isn't breaking the law.

Friend me on Facebook

All or most prescription medicines have side effects that may not be good for you.

im not trying to judge people but seriously thats bad for you i mean there are PLENTY of other options to help you relax and yes you can
    get a prescription for it but that doesn't mean its good for you. its
    just people with emetophobia are here to battle it not just say "gee
    im feeling anxious today let me go get a prescription for something
    thats illegal" i didnt think about what i said and im sorry i was having
    one of those days when im just completely sick of people feeling
    sorry for me my best friend has been saying "oooh i soooooo
    understand i feel bad for you" and seeing this just made me want to
    be "normal" im sorry for anyones feeling getting hurt i didnt think
    about what i was typeing ind i just typed what i was thinking which i
    should of kept for myself. but come on you guys we can handle this
    in a different way and beat it i hope you forgive me

Friend me on Facebook

I started smoking weed a whole lot last year when I went to a college that's pretty much known for it's weed... and yes, I did it for fun, and I know it's illegal, and that's just what I chose anyway.. *shrugs*.. but anyways, I wasn't using it for n* but most of the time it made me feel really good. However, I did get paranoia a few times, which eventually would turn into emet worries. I found that if I smoked weed in a bad environment, it tended to make me anxious, but if I smoked in a good environment, it was very fun. A bad environment tended to be if I was with people I didn't want to be with, if I had other major worries on my mind, if I just wasn't in the mood to smoke yet smoked anyway, etc.. I couldn't use weed as a way to escape my fears. But it definitely relaxed me in the right circumstances! Last fall, I tried shrooms though, and it ended up turning into a really bad trip, then after then for whatever reason I couldn't smoke weed without getting extremely anxious (although when I was freaking out on shrooms and extremely n*, weed was the only thing that calmed me down and took the n* away). now I'm smoking again sparingly.. and it's not giving me the anxiety anymore.

Basically, I don't think weed is a cure all for anxiety, but it can be fun anyway and help sometimes. And of course, be careful because it is illegal..

wow kendall what a judgemental little ____ you are being.
    Where I live MJ is considered completely ok and even recommended by doctors. it is part of our culture on the west coast. I do not know anyone besides myself who doesnt smoke it.

You know what happens if you are caught with a personal amount of MJ here? NOTHING the police will just dispose of it.

NOT EVERYWHERE IS LIKE WHERE YOU LIVE SO DO NOT JUDGE PEOPLE.

________
    Mercedes-Benz S-Class History
    Last edited by emetmama; 03-11-2011 at 12:49 PM.

I am a mod only on the private forum, but I will ask the other mods to take it down.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."