Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I tried birth control pills because I wanted to take them on an extended cycle so that I would not get my period because my periods hurt so bad it makes me N* which makes me have panic attacks that make me MORE N*, but after I took the first pill (Ortho-Cyclen), I felt so nauseated for like 4 days and I was dizzy and blacked out a bit and had a head-splitting migraine so I never even took a second one. I definitely wanna get a break from my periods but I want to try NuvaRing this time and I was wondering if anyone has tried it or knows someone who has and if so did it make them N* or gain tons of weight? I'm not so much worried about the weight because I'm 118 and 5'6" and if I did gain like 15 lbs I would be ok with that, but the N* and V* is the main thing I'm worried about. HELP please!!!!!!

Hi jadedjewels,

I have been on the Nuvaring for almost 2 years, and I've never had any n* with it. I had a really bad headache the first time I put one in, and that was it for side effects. For me, it tends to want to work its way out near the end of each 3-week period, but I know it's not like that for everyone.

Also, if anything I've lost weight. It definitely didn't have any weight-gaining effects on me. I highly recommend it - it's also easier than remembering to take a pill every day!!

I was never n* on the Ring at all. I tried it for a few months and I didn't like how it slipped out a lot and my moods were really wacky on it. But it doesn't happen that way for everyone. I think the Ring is one of the best things out there for those who suffer from nausea when using hormonal birth control. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had the same trouble with the Pill - my stomach DID NOT like the idea of hormones through the stomach lining... but NuvaRing, since it's soaked up constantly thru your vaginal walls, it doesn't really go near your stomach. I never had any side effects at all, and it has only slipped out once (last week actually) on the whole three years I've been on it. I also noticed I got fewer pimples, but I don't think I gained any weight (I was actually rooting for that side effect because I'm so thin). But I'm this huge NuvaRing supporter, I just love it so much

can you get the nuva ring in the uk? :-/xx