Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: ughh :/ part 2

so i told most of you that i was flying to cali this summer without my mom or my sense of home. well i just also figured out that im flying with the most inconsiderate jerks of my family....and i think they could care less about my phobia an my worries they wont even try to understand all they will do is call me a baby.and that just makes the whole flyin thing even worse...so yeah idk i really want to go but i cant put up with them without slappin one of them across there face [ it sounds rude but u have to meet these people]. But yeah w.e im like forced to go but i need help with what foods i should eat while im on the plane and airports an stuff. foods that are considered " Very Safe" it would help me alot. kuz i have to take 2 pretty long car ride atleast 1 hour an 2 flights. so yeah and im bring like 2 brown bags in my purse just in case :/. And what should i put on my ipod also to maybe calm me down an relax. But yeah thanks for all the help you guys. you have no idea how much this site an you people mean to me lol i prolly would have went nuts without you people :] haha you keep me sane!!!
    <3rachel

Awwww Rachel ((((hugs))))

Sounds awful!! I know exactly what you mean though, I have some 'nightmares' in my family too!! So I really feel for you!! Good on you for still having the strength to get on the plane and do the trip!! I really admire you for that!!
    As for safe foods, I tend to stick to thngs I know I cant possibly get food poisoning from!! lol. So I avoid meat, fish, eggs etc. Do you have any foods that you already feel safe to eat?? If you do, just stick to those.
    I tend to listen to some really mellow r'n'b to relax me, and deep breathe and try to relax all of my muscles one by one starting at my head and working all down my body. May sound wierd, but my hypnotherapist suggested it, and if you really concentrate on it and make each of those muscles relax by focusing on them, it really does help.

PS, see if you can sit away from your family memebers on the plane!! lol

Ally [img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img] xx

Yeah so im just gonna stick with crackers an pasta? maybe candy in the airport. candy wrapped up lol :] and ill try the whole relaxing muscles thing and fortunatly my cousin that bought the tickets put me by my cousin that i Love lol were like sisters basically an she understands my phobia :] but thanks so much ally!! your awesome!

I was really nervous the first time I flew, but after taking off, it honestly just felt like a bus or car ride. You don't even notice anything. I'm not sure nowadays what they serve you on flights (I know they cut back a ton on food) but they sometimes give you pretzels, which are nice. They usually let you bring food on too, sometimes I'll order a salad or something for the whole flight (I fly to Cali too usually every summer from Detroit). Since you can only listen/play with electronics after you take off and before you land, I always bring a book so that I can concentrate on reading.
    About the brown bags - usually in the pocket of your seat they provide 'bags.' Also, if you're super nervous take a little bit of Dramamine. I have YET to see any motion sickness stuff at Detroit Metro (wtf, lots of people need meds for flying), so maybe get some before you take off.
    Candy might be good too, I've found that hard candies calm me down a lot, like peppermint things.

Good luck though! I hope you sit next to some cool cat instead of lame family members - I once sat next to this lady for Ireland and we talked the entire way! It really took my mind off everything.

Quote Originally Posted by itbrachiebby
    Yeah so im just gonna stick with crackers an pasta? maybe candy in the airport. candy wrapped up lol :] and ill try the whole relaxing muscles thing and fortunatly my cousin that bought the tickets put me by my cousin that i Love lol were like sisters basically an she understands my phobia :] but thanks so much ally!! your awesome!
    Youre so very welcome hunni!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Im sure you will be absolutely fine, and the sucking a peppermint thing ALWAYS helps me!! Definitely helps on a plane too!
    So glad you will be sitting with someone nice who can understand and support you if you need it!!
    If you need any more help or support at all, pm me!!

Bih hugs, xx [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

muffins,granola bars,cereal bars,protein bars,candy,potato chips.
    ________
    Stratosphere
    Last edited by emetmama; 03-11-2011 at 12:50 PM.

take some dramamine. it really helps me to not feel sick and it calms you down. get the drowsy kind and it may help you to just take a nap the whole time! good luck!