Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I want to reply on this. Was on this not for a while. The quilt is the very bad part of it. I think many of you know the story about my father who was feeling sick. I was afraid of him and stayed away. That night 23 des 2002, he died of a heart attack. I feel quilty because we were very close and I never hugged him that day and told him that I loved him.I was to afraid. I only saw them once or twice in a year because they’d moved away. That’s why I hate this fear. I’ll blame myself for it keeping me away from my dad in his last day.

Arial, I'm so sorry for your loss. That is one of the true, terrible impacts of this phobia. I would have done the same thing. It was not your fault that you were afraid, and you could not know what was going to happen. I hope you are seeking or will seek counseling for your guilt and fear.
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

Oh, Ariel. My heart goes out to you. Just like Soluene, I would have behaved the same way. My poor little boy has the flu right now and I cannot bring myself to hug him or touch him. Common sense tells me that the bug is contagious, and I probably have it already (though I intensely hope not), but I can't get past it. I'm blessed with a husband that can take up the slack when I get like this, but I'm hard on him, too. I've asked him about sixty times already "How are you? Are you still feeling ok?" Let's make a deal - I'll pray for you and you pray for me, huh? I'm so deeply sorry about your father. I'll be thinking of you.

Sarah