Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi all.
    My name is Kat and I have been Emetophobic for 22 years. I am 27 years old, so since I was 6, I have been scared of it.

I am new and unsure ofwhat is safe to say and not say. So let me just briefly tell you about me.

I am emetaphobic to the point that I gave my daughter away because I am scared of her being unwell. I am afraid so badly that I actually have an eating disorder that I am recovering from. I was anorexic and agoraphobic as well as anti-social all to avoid "it."

Now I feel like I want to be over this fear once and for all but I have no idea where to start. Here seemed like a good place.

K. Thats me!

Kat

Hey welcome!
    Check out the information on my little website at www.emetophobiahelp.blogspot.com
    It will help you to know "where to start" to get treatment.
    Take care,
    SAGE
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Welcome Kat.

You have taken the first and hardest step to take in your path for recovery just by joining this forum. We are a supportive group and you will find that you have a lot in common with many of us.

I'm so sorry that your phobia(s) were at the point that you found it best to give your daughter away.

On a very positive note, you can be treated successfully for emetophobia. It doesn't have to control you or your life.

Feel free to browse around and share your thoughts with us.

Friend me on Facebook

Welcome to the site Kat. We are all here for rhe same reasons and offer support in any way we can. Centipede is right, you've already made the biggest step by recognizing the issue. We are all here for you. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Hello Kat! I too am 27.. i have had emet since i was about 11 yrs old so not quite as long as you but i do understand. I too was diagnosed with anorexia as a teenager because it got so bad that all i would eat is one thing in the morning and that was usually something really bland. I do better now. I eat when i am hungry so thats good but i do find myself avoiding the public alot. Living with this phobia is hard and never easy but here u will find others u can relate to. Hats off to you too girl.. i have no kids my phobia really prevents me from having kids. Unfortunately its the only thing that is preventing me from children because of the whole pregnancy thing and then taking care them when they are sick. I get a panic attack just talking about it... anyways welcome!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Welcome to the forums Kat. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]