Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: hello

im so glad that i found this place ! i do need some answers
    Is there anyone here that if he eats at home and had to go outside ..is afraid that he might v*?
    I sure hope im not the only one, Im always starving. The thing is if i get home and know i dont go outside i eat like a regular person. How can I overcome this?

thank you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi sicpuppy, nice to have you here. Ive never experienced what you have been experiencing but am still very nervous when it comes to being sick. I dont have any real words of wisdom but only take everyday one at a time and remenber every step forward is a step in the right direction. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Whether I eat at home or someplace else I'm always nervous I might get sick after and try not to plan anything right after. If friends suggest going out to dinner and then a movie I get stressed over doing this and will eat something light so I don't feel full or bloated and I definitely carry strong mints to suck on afterwards which makes me feel better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook

Hiya,

I sympathise with you hun, I used to be like that about 10 years ago. If I knew I was going out, I wouldnt eat. I would also always make excuses as to why I could never go out for dinner.

The only think I can think of to suggest it, try things in very small steps, and stick with things that make you feel safe. Do you have any foods that make you feel safe?? So for example, just try maybe having half a piece of bread before you go out, or a few pieces of apple or something. You know that a few peices of apple, or a little bread wont make you v*. Start off very very small, and then slowly build yourself up by setting yourself small goals.

Thats what I did, and I can now eat and go out. And it didnt just happen over night!! It took a long time, but it was worth it!! I may have the odd bit of anxiety if I over eat (i am wuite greedy!!lol) or I have a lot of gas or IBS, but I can cope with it 99% of the time.

Hope that has helped a little!! xxx [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]