Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello, everyone! I'm not exactly new to this site, I've been on before under 2 different usernames. I'll leave for a while and then come back and forget my password and not be able to get it again and have to re-register. I was on under the name Misty 21 and Misty V. Anyway, hello again!

I've had this very stressful summer. Usually, summer's a time where you think there aren't really any bugs going around, but it seems like this summer I've heard of people getting sick the whole way through. Then everyone had this really strange bug and I worried about it and ended up getting it. It didn't cause any vomiting, just aches like the flu and a horrible stomachache, like all the muscles were sore. And sometimes some heartburn. Anyway, I lived through that, but I'm worried about what's to come. This summer has been really wet, with a lot of rain, and it's usually not like this for us in Colorado.

I've also started a new job as a freelance make-up artist. It's fun, but I have to be in people's faces doing the make-up and it scares me because of germs. I use a lot of antibacterial stuff, but that only kills bacteria, not viruses. The other day I worked on someone who smelled horrible and then I heard of someone else who was supposed to have had me do her make-up and she'd been up all night sick, so she didn't come. A lot of times I think people will say they were sick if they don't want to keep their appointment, but I can't always tell.

The other thing is I'm going on a 10 day vacation to Disneyworld in the middle of September with my husband, our kids, and his family. I hate flying and my sister-in-law is pregnant and throws up all of the time now. I'm terrified of being near her and having her get sick. I'm bringing my CD player on the plane and letting my husband watch the kids so I can't hear anything!

Anyway, I wanted to come back on the site because I've been so stressed out. Sometimes it helps me and sometimes it overwhelms me if I come on here too much. Anyway, I just wanted to tell everyone hello!Edited by: mistyriver

heya, welcome back =)

this summer more people seem to have got ill around me, compared to winter!! its very bizarre!

a lot of ppl here are constantly worrying that they've got a bug... same as i do! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

welcome back anyway

Jen xxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, welcome back...

I have only heard about ppl gettin bugs from this site, luckily no one i know has caught anything but ive felt crap a lot lol. Id be scared about flying too especially as u say ur sister in law is ill alot. But taking ur cd player with u is a great idea. At least her getting sick isnt contagious.

Good luck...

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Welcome back Misty!!

Congrats on the new job! I hope everything's going well for you.

I know what you mean about it being over whelming on here at times...I find that too. Sometimes, when I feel strong I come on here quite a bit - to up my stars etc and let people know I'm still around but sometimes I need a complete break.

I'm sorry you're gonna have to travel with your sister-in-law who gets sick - maybe you could ask to sit at the opposite end of a row from her or something...explain its nothing personal tho!![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I hope the flight goes ok for you and that you have a great time in Disneyworld.

Let us know how it goes

X
    <font face=\"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Reach for the moon - even if you miss you\'ll be amongst the stars...</font>

same here its really weird all th emets are being paanoid but thats not
    news becaseu I am too.

Welcome back!

I know what you mean about how overwhelming this place could be.....and I've heard alot of the bug stuff too on here but mostly I also hear now there was no v*, just d*, and well panic will do exactly those things to us so who knows what it really is, and yeah your right, alot of ppl will say they are sick to get out of something, ppl at work always call in sick and I start to panic only to hear it thru the grapevine that they partied the night before!!!!!

I hope you can stay awhile![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]