Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I seriously don't know what to do. When I was at the pub earlier I heard one of the workers saying to the landlord that X had been sick...he didn't seem to care much and that made me panic even more. So someone been sick who works there and they'll have been handling glasses, bottles etc I also heard someone behind me say 'I've been really ill recently'...I had a feeling she worked there and so I'm really worried there's something wrong in that pub.
    I can't even begin tell you how much I'm panicking. My heart is thumping like mad, my stomach turns when I think about it and I can't even bare to eat at the moment. I'm burning up and I'm too scared to sleep incase I wake up to throw up. I'm scared eveytime I think I need the toilet incase it's d* which will lead onto v*. I honestly can't face even the thought of throwing up, let alone having to do it. I really don't know what to do withmyself because I really think this is it. Part of me wants to just throw myself in front of a car rather than face throwing up.

Awwww, I'm sure you will be fine. Just because they were sick, doesnt mean it had anything to do with a stomach issue! It could have been a cold or something along those lines. I know colds and strep are going around alot where I am so you never know. You will be ok. I am feeling crappy myself tonight but i know its just my anxiety and i keep telling myself to breathe and try to take my mind off of it by talking to a friend. take care and i am here if you need to talk.

Oh and also just because they were sick "recently" it doesnt mean yesterday...could be last week and they are past being contagious! The reason you are feeling so bad right now is because of the anxiety. You can't catch anything that fast! xoxo

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it :-) I'm trying not to worry but i just assume the worst when someones been sick in a place where things are being washed and then put in your mouth. I try to picture myself being sick and I just freak out and get close to crying.
    I hope you're ok...I hate that anxiety feeling when it's hard to control.

Yeah, I'm fine. And I definately understand what you are going through. Its so much easier for us to tell other people it will be fine. We can never tell ourselves that! Most of the time we are fine right? I'll try to be around tonight ( i have a 6 month old who wakes frequently) so if you need to talk i'll keep checking in!

Haha yeah, i can tell other people they'll be fine but telling myself is a whole other matter. and thanks, I'm trying to get some sleep but it's hard to relax without thinking about it. I feel for you with having a six month though, my friends sister has a 4 month old and it seems like such a demanding 'job'.