Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well I wanted an up to date and recent who are you topic, the one at the top was last posted in 2004 and some members have never spoken since.So like the topic Id love to know a little bit of background (besides emet) of who you are, i.e hobbies etc, et a more better view of the people who use this forum, so here is a bit abbout me"

Jessica (17) on May 24th have my first driving lesson!! been an emet since 8, when had experiacne, like to live life to full if i can and laugh but im cautious about certain fods nd if it tastes funny i wnt it eait but may sit there panicking" i hope next year to train to be aprimary schol teacher, and i love to teach in ameri so ne advice would be good

So if you havn't done so please explain would be nice
    bye
    JessX

My name is Leann. I am 24 and have a 6 month old son! I have been an emet since i was around 9 or so. I live in Pennsylvania. I like to dance, read, eat (most of the time) loooove the beach and going to concerts. Not really afraid of being in public but some public situations cause me to become anxious without me even realizing why. I am afraid of myself getting sick, not others as long as its something i cant catch. if i can catch it, im a basket case! i too am cautious about lots of foods. my boyfriend always gets so tired of me asking "is this cooked?" or "does this taste bad to you" lol. I am looking into therapy sometime soon, its just really hard to spend all of that money when alot of therapists may not even know what im talking about! Oh yeah, I have 2 cats and am a stay at home mom until i can wean my son to the bottle, which has been very difficult! hope to talk to you soon! xoxo

My name is Holly. I'll be turning 25 in July and I've had emet as long as I can remember.

I have a daughter named Layla and she'll be 4 in July.

I used to be more afraid of myself, and now I am more afraid of others.

I like reality tv...and kids shows. [img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi my name is Kerri. I am 30 years old.
    I live with my partner Neil and my daughter Isabel who will be 3 in August.I am in the Uk and have been an emet since i was 12 (i think). i am i stay at home mum and am hoping to try for another baby this year, as long as this phobia will let me.

Nice to meet you all.

My name is Mary, I am 35, and live halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee. I got married last July, and we are hoping to buy or first house this summer, and then start trying for babies! I went to therapy last year that helped a lot with my emet, which I have had since I was very little. I am an elementary school music teacher, and I love to play the guitar and sing. I play in a little family band at coffee shops, and that kind of thing. I love the outdoors, hiking, biking, and even running. I hope to run a 10 mile race next month. We'll see about that one. I love to read, and am in a book club. I guess that's all for now! :-)
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I'm Wendy, and I live in Pennsylvania. I have quite a few interests and hobbies in which many are posted on my blog profile athttp://www.blogger.com/profile/050741502 63676925796

Keeping myself very busy helps keep my mind off of emet. I work in the travel/tourism industry and have been flying, taking cruises, and traveling to third world countries for many years and I've never been sick from it. My favorite place to go to is Africa.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook

My name is Joanne and I live in Arizona. I am married and we have 3 girls, ages 6, 8 and 11. I never v* once during any of my pregnancies and actually haven't v* at all since I was 17. I am a mess when the girls get sick or even when they say they have a tummy ache. It is very hard for me to stay in the house, even. I have been in therapy for years and nothing has really helped. I have always had a fear of myself or others being sick, for as long as I can remember. My emet got MUCH worsefrom a crime that was committed against our family amd the loss of control that I felt. i have been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

I am glad to be here to offer support and to get support and info.

Joanne

Hi, I'm Melissa. I'm 18 and live in Michigan. I've had emet since I was about five, and just recently found out that there is a name for it, that there's a forum full of supportive people, and that I CAN get help to overcome this! I'm a positive, fun person ^_^;
    I live with my boyfriend and our roommate and have recently found an amazing group of friends in which I am comfortable talking about my emet (talking about this with other people is almost as scary as v* itself for me!!). I have a really great friend I met here on the forum that means a ton to me too, and I am so happy to have found all of these supportive friends to help me through my fear!
    I love to talk so check out my profile here and drop me an IM or message or something!

I'm musicmaam and I live in Canada!

I'm 23 and have a wonderful husband of 2 years - but no kids yet, due mostly to the phobia. I'm a music teacher and I love Jesus!

hey musicmaam im a christian too! wanna private message so we can chat about faith?

I posted in the old one but I think I wrote mostly about the phobia and not me!

I'm almost 20, living in New Jersey, and am half way through college. My boyfriend of a year is my best friend, I'm sure I'd be completely miserable and lonely (like I was before we met) if it weren't for him.

I read a lot and enjoy playing Sims 2. Sometimes I make tee shirts. I live close to NYC and I love going to see Broadway shows. Unlike most college students, I absolutely hate drinking and partying. I'm usually in bed by 10 and get up early and take walks.

And that's basically me. [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

My name is Kelly. I'm 40 years old, married and have a 13 year old adopted daughter. I have had this phobia since 3rd grade (around 8 years old). I am afraid of others (make that terrified) being sick more than myself. I hate my job but can't seem to find another so here I sit.

Glad to have "met" you all!!!

Hi i am arial

29 years old. Had this phobia my entire life time. I am not english. Live in South Africa and i am a faitfull christian to.

I like to read, tennis and walks with my siberian huskies. I am married and have 3 stepchildren. Hope to have one of my own one day.

My name is Keri, I am 27 years old. I have had this phobia for as long as I can remember. I am determined to overcome it any way possible. I live in NY, I have an amazing fiance, and I am a huge animal lover. Nice to 'met' all of you.

Hi my name is Rhi, i am 20 years old and i live in england. i have had this phobia all my life but i try to keep it at bay as much as possiable. i am engaged and live with my fiance in a one bedroom flat. i am at university studying fashion and contour design, and i love it! i love to sew! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    nice to meet you all! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm 16, (haven't got any babies or husbands xD ) born and raised in Australia and I can't wait to get out of school, not because of the learning part ( I love learning, haha, I'm such a geek)... but because of the people that go there part. - I'm into photography, art and story writing and do extremely well in all three (or, y'know, I like to think so xDD lawl.)
    I'm currently working at my local video shop, (employed because I'm a complete movie freak...and it definately shows) and it puts money in my pocket - but I hope to get a good paying, less social job in the future. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I'm Michelle. I'm 31 and I live in Ontario, Canada. I'm a Grade 8 French teacher and have been for 7 years. I love it! I have the best husband ever and have been marreid since October 2004. I have been an emet since I was 6. I have been going to therapy since 2005 and have almost overcome the fear of myself getting sick, but I still fear others even though I have begun to take more chances. I love horror movies, shopping, reading and dancing.

Nice to meet all of you.