Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Birth Control

Sorry to all the regulars that I'm kind of a spastic poster on here. As far as emetophobia goes I'm not completely anal about other people throwing up, most of my fear comes from me catching something from them. My biggest fear though is me throwing up myself. Scares the living daylights out of me, and it's really annoying, but I guess everyone on here can relate right? Anyway, I usually come on with a question whenever this thing comes into my life in a big way.

I was recently diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome. I caught it really early so I haven't had some of the more unpleasant symptoms it brings with it, and won't if I start treatment. Unfortunately the treatment is birth control, and apparently one of the major side effects is nausea and vomiting. I have to take it but I'm seriously afraid... does anyone on here have experience with the pill? What did it do? Is this seriously something to worry about or is it like most side effects warnings where it rarely happens?

Thanks for the support!

Sent you a PM
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

If you get a birth control pill with Low Estrogen, its rare that it will make you get sick. I have been on birth control for YEARS and it never bothered me. I'm not sure if your condition requires a higher dose of estrogen, but if not, ask for the low dose! good luck, everyones body reacts differently to all medications.

It's a low dose. Only 1mg/20mcg. That's good to hear, thank you.

I'm not sure exactly what it is that you have - but three years ago they caught a pretty big cyst on my right ovary... it was 3cm big! Can you imagine?! I had 'emergency surgery,' but they, too, were afraid it would grow back and I was put on birth control.
    My mom had a bad reaction to this one type of Pill, so I was put on the other, a low-dose ortho tricycline pill... unfortunatly, my tummy didn't like that as much (also, always take pills with food! helps a lot with other meds too, unless it says otherwise). They put me on Nuvaring, which I love, and if you've read any of my other posts, I'm this HUGE advocate of it... it's so easy because you insert the plastic ring in you once a month, take it out three weeks later... and I've never had any side effects from it. Since it doesn't go through your stomach, you have less of a chance (but not zero chance) that it will cause n*.