Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: feeling bad

my phobia is kicking in and because of it im missing a concert you see..my bf and I and some of our friends had to go to a concert in another city 2 days,open camp, etc etc . But the thing is I won;t go now because I am afraid off all the mass of drunk people,bad weather, no bathroom and of course bad food. And now I feel like such a failure..instead of going there im going to sit home and feel pity for myself Edited by: sicpuppy

Aw... you shouldn't hun. I know, sometimes it's hard... my boyfriend goes to anime conventions around the midwest... normally I go with him but lately I've stopped because of how drunk and sick people normally get! We're supposed to go camping in two months but my boyfriend says that I should 'think about it harder' because last time I totally freaked out when people started drinking hardcore. Also, to make myself feel better, drunk people act so stupid! I don't mind a little drink, but they just get wasted! Sometimes I find it is better to miss out on some things, not even because of the phobia but because I like to be around more intelligent people

This happens to me all the time. I usually start out looking forward to doing something with my friends or family and then at the last second I get nervous and don't want to go. Which usually frustrates my boyfriend the most. I've found what helps is to just do it. Haha after I typed that I thought of Nike. Anyway what I mean to say is I feel that doing things that Im nervous about helps my emet. Maybe not at first but once Im there I usually forget about my worries and just try to have a good time. Also the support of the person you are there with also helps me. Hope you do decide to go!

Danielle