Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just about freaked when I saw this vomit bowl designed for kids, but then I thought with the number of panicky mothers on here, maybe I should share the link: http://www.sickbear.com
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

haha, they even have "gift bowls". ew.

ps.
    doug, where is your faq page?Edited by: prncesspnk

Oh geez... I guess its not a bad idea. Something designated for when they are sick.Better than a bucket. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img] Edited by: madisonsmom

Lauren, it is here: http://emetophobia.bravepages.com

It is in my signature line.

Doug

From that site:

"Children love having their their own "just right" throw-up bowl to grab when sickness strikes."

I don't know any child that "loves" to have anything like that. Especially when they're sick.

In all seriousness thought, as hard as it is for emetophobes to see this, I think it's a good idea. It makes clean up a lot easier for the parents.

Friend me on Facebook

I saw this too and thought, "Oh,boy, what next?" I am sure a kid doesn't care at that moment, just wants it to be over!!!!

I always hated the idea of a "sick bucket"...because I always hated the idea of anywhere but the toilet.

But I guess for young kids that can't make it, it's necessary. My mom always used the "lego bucket" for my brothers...ughh...then she would bleach it and put the toys back in it. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] I hated that.

My girl is almost 4 and I am dreading that day when I have to find something to use. I'm thinking I should buy a small trash can that I can line with bags for easy clean up though. I want to get together a "ready kit" so I can feel more prepared that way I won't be running around in my moment of fear looking for something. Plus I think I would just feel better knowing that I have a plan in place.

An important point is that a child is apt to take an unpleasant association with whatever they are given to puke into: a toilet, a particular bowl or bucket, a bread pan. There is no harm in them developing a negative association with a puke bowl, because that's the only thing it will ever be used for.

^But do non-emets really think about that stuff? I know my brothers didn't. They didn't care because I guess to non-emets, they only really think about being sick when they are actually sick.

Save your money and use a small trashcan lined with a plastic bag. Tie it up, throw it out.......very sanitary.

Quote Originally Posted by worrygirl
    Save your money and use a small trashcan lined with a plastic bag. Tie it up, throw it out.......very sanitary.
    I went and bought one today specifically for that purpose. Last time my Layla v* it was at night in her sleep and I was so afraid it was a sv* that I had to run looking for a bowl or something. Even though she didn't use it (she was fine, up and dancing within 45 minutes), I had to throw it out. lol

I don't like the idea of the bowl because I really can't see myself dumping and cleaning the thing. I know as soon as it was over it would be trashed, anyway. Besides that bowl looked rather small and...yeah.

It's funny that we're discussing 'places to v*.' I know that personally, I HAAATTTEEE v* in a toilet... but anywhere else in a container is fine. When I was younger, I felt really n* and was so proud of myself for going over to a sink and waiting for it. I always feel loads better too if I have a bucket (we have giant cement-mixing buckets the little kids use), or even outside... I don't know why, but I've always had a fear of v* in a toilet, even though the last two times I got sick, I felt a lot better with the toilet rather than the time I got it all over myself.

I use a trash can liner with a deep bowl for my boys, and what's funny is that the last few times I used the liners that smell fresh, so every time they had their face in the bowl ralphing, they were smelling april freshness!
    JANNA

I use a small trash can with a liner in it for my kids. All I have to do is tie it up and throw it away. WHo in the He** wants to dump out the sick bowl? R u flippin kidding me? Ew Gross Blech! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Georgi