Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Thanks for everyone's help! I have one more dumb question...

For the people that have gotten sick on the pill, do you have a tendency to feel sick with other medications or have a tendency to motion sickness and that sort of thing too?

Thanks for all the support, this is really a totally psychological thing. I keep freaking myself out, and that makes me even more nervous when I really shouldn't be nervous at all.

Mostly the worry comes from what's been going on lately. Because of the illness I've been feeling unwell for the past month or so. These last two days have been pretty bad... I do feel a little sick to my stomach. Not so bad as to be seriously afraid I'll throw up, but what freaks me out is that the pill is going to add to what I feel already and make it a lot worse. Ugh... this has not been fun, so thanks for the help!

When I started the oral Pill, I felt really n* (but NEVER v*), even when I ate (which is why I switched to another one), but I don't often get sick from medicines... I had one doctor give me an antibiotic, then was stunned when I said I had no side effects. He then told me most people v* or get a bad rash (I was a little ticked he hadn't told me before - neither did my pharmacist). However, I do get EXTREMELY sick with blood thinners so...
    I definately think it's more to do with you, though. Every person is different. Just remember that bc probably won't make you v* because you are an emet and have a strong stomach! It may just be anxiety, so give it a chance as well...