Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Here is the latest entry from my blog about Cinnamon. Cinnamon is inexpensive, easy to get, tastes great, and has great medicinal qualities.

www.fearsandphobias.blogspot.com

You may think of cinnamon as a spice associated with sweetness but did you know it has anti-microbial agents as well? Below are some very good reasons to stock up on cinnamon.

Here are some facts, not theories, facts. Cinnamon oil has exhibited antifungal, antiviral, bactericidal, and larvicidal activities. Specifically, ingredients in cinnamon kill escherichia coli, staphylococcus aureus, salmonella, the Asian flu virus A, and echo virus. What does this mean? These are all nasty bacteria that can make you exceptionally ill.

Salmonella causes food poisoning, escherichia coli causes Montezuma’s revenge, and staphylococcus aureus causes lesions, pustules, and boils that can be terminal if they spread to the organs. Not a pretty picture, but the good news is that cinnamon has been proven to suppress their growth, and the growth of several other gram-positive bacteria.

Cinnamon can stop bacteria, fungus, and viruses from attacking food or persons
    If your stomach is upset by a bug of sorts, cinnamon will kill it (the bug). If your stomach is all in a knot, cinnamon will relax it.
    (Source: http://www.planetbotanic.ca/fact_sheets/cinnamon.htm )

Cinnamon warms and stimulates the digestive system, useful in weak digestion, colic, griping, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, wind and distension. The tannins have an astringent action, stemming bleeding in nosebleeds, heavy periods and resolving diarrhea and catarrhal congestion.

Cinnamon may help to soothe an upset stomach:

Cinnamon extracts have been used medically to treat gastrointestinal problems and to help calm the stomach. Cinnamon is a carminative, an agent that helps break up intestinal gas that has traditionally been used to combat diarrhea and morning sickness. Both test-tube and some animal studies have found that cinnamon may help to relieve mild abdominal discomfort caused by excess gas.
    (Source: http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-cinnamon.html)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow...I bought some cinnamon supplements once...I wonder if I still have them.

Good information!! I neede some good back up!! I will get some supplements, thanks a bunch [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi

I never even thought of suppliments... mostly I put cinnamon in a lot of my foods, cookies and cake and stuff. For my endometriosis I read cinnamon tea is good, but it tasted TERRIBLE. Cinnamon applesauce is really good too, and it helps with d* because of its 'binding' properties.

I've heard it's also good for people with diabetes.

bump, cinnamon is the way to go! it's helping me w/my PMS gas right now!
    \'Meow!\' for goodness sake! Scratch, scratch, scratch. (Lightly of course)

I love the smell and flavor of cinnamon, too. Glad to know it's good for me on top of the pleasing qualities.

It brings back good memories of being a kid... Warm cinnamon rolls Mom cooks on weekends. Cookies around Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.... Visits to the Texas State Fair with all the sweets being sold. It's a feel-good flavor to me!

David

How do you eat cinnamon other then the powdered form?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetta777
    My favorate way would be cinnamon spiced tea. Well tehcnically it's still powdered cinnamon, but is's in suspension in the tea. [img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]

Later,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Jetta777
    I don't know if you caught the post above, but somebody mentioned in supplement form, that is probably in a gelatin capsule.
    \'Meow!\' for goodness sake! Scratch, scratch, scratch. (Lightly of course)