Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stomach Bug

So my sister got a violent bug and shared the horrific details with me. Needless to say I am beyond freaked out and I have been shaking all morning ( hopefully from anxiety) I have not been to her house since monday. Do you think I am still at risk? How long should I stay away. If she got sick last night how long would it take to affect me? Any help would be good. Thanks

if you cought it or catch it it should take 24 hours to affect you just
    wash you hands and keep your distance

big huggs!!
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

</a>

i think most bugs have a 1-3 day incubation period. after that you should be good.

I've been pretty freaked out myself. I kissed a 1 year old on the lips on Monday and she got sick Tuesday night. Her dad is my boss and he started the whole thing Saturday night - originally thought it was food poisoning. That's why I thought it was safe to kiss her. When I realized this morning what I had done, I got emotionally tweeked. I hate this stupid phobia. I'm so ready to be done with it, yet afraid to let it go. It's a daily struggle. Thank goodness for you guys. I've been drinking water like crazy. I love when incubation periods are given, it gives me hope I may escape this round one more time. It also gives me hope when I hear most emets rarely v*. Is it our control? Or is it someone above is taking pity on us for all our suffering here in life.

So Camelot, I may not have been much help but thank you for your post and letting me vent. I'm with you.

Jody (No. Calif)

I thank you guys I feel this will be a rough weekend. I am already emotionaly drained. I'm exhausted from always being terrified and anxious this is no real way to live.

Jody that is awful.. it always seems to hapen when we let our guard down. i hope the best for you.

Camelot,

Thanks for your concern. It helps. Do you cry from this? I seem to be on the edge of tears when I'm deep in it as I am now. Makes it hard to work.

Jody

It was all I coould do not to burst out when I was talking to my sister. I too was at work. It is worse for me when I need to hide my anxiety. I once hyperventilated driving to work. I was so shook I left telling them I was not feeling well. I felt so ashamed.

Im with both of you gals. As soon as we let our guard daown, WHAM!!! [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img] Really kind of pisses me off. I would keep your hands washed and stay away for like a week.
    Georgi

Ashamed - that's the word. I get embarrassed and ashamed when I tell someone about this phobia. I mostly hate not being myself because of it. I feel like I have this big cloud hanging over my head and no matter which way I move, it's there.

I'm pleased to say I'm not having any symptoms and the incubation period is ticking past. Of course, I'm living on dry Cheerios and water. Well, I needed to loose a few lbs anyway. Not the best way to go about it.

Jody

Saturday afternoon, in the middle of my sons nap he woke up and was complaining,and whinning, and although he is too young to say, "I'm sick", I had a hunch. So, I picked him up and he totally got sick all over my shirt, and himself. Ok, so I was calling my husband, yelling for him. He didn't answer. So, I took my son in the bathroom, and ripped his clothes off, he was crying, and I ripped my shirt off, and I walked down stairs to find my husband, and right when I found him I said, "I need your help", and right when he took my son out of my arms I blacked out and fell to the ground. I hate this fear too, it ruins life at times!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jencisco
    Saturday afternoon, in the middle of my sons nap he woke up and was complaining,and whinning, and although he is too young to say, "I'm sick", I had a hunch. So, I picked him up and he totally got sick all over my shirt, and himself. Ok, so I was calling my husband, yelling for him. He didn't answer. So, I took my son in the bathroom, and ripped his clothes off, he was crying, and I ripped my shirt off, and I walked down stairs to find my husband, and right when I found him I said, "I need your help", and right when he took my son out of my arms I blacked out and fell to the ground. I hate this fear too, it ruins life at times!!!!
    This story is heart breaking. I always wonder if I'll be able to handle things like this if I have kids and I know at this point, my reaction would be exactly the same as yours. I hope your son is doing better.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by camelot
    So my sister got a violent bug and shared the horrific details with me. Needless to say I am beyond freaked out and I have been shaking all morning ( hopefully from anxiety) I have not been to her house since monday. Do you think I am still at risk? How long should I stay away. If she got sick last night how long would it take to affect me? Any help would be good. Thanks
    Oh im sorry about that. As long as you didnt share anything with her , you should be fine. The bug goes into affect usually 12 to 72 hours after u become infected. Just take care , wash your hands and keep your distance. Good luck!Edited by: harttride