Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: weight loss

Well I never was a chunky baby or a fit little kid. I resemble to my father ( he was tall and skinny in his youth years ) But at my age, 19, im starting to worry that my emetophobia is really screwing my body Im 1.71 and 42 kilos and looks like a 16 years old , I know I am very skinny and I try to eat and focuse on getting weight but it doesn't work. How many of you guys have weight loss issues because of this darn phobia?

I reckon that an awful lot of us have weight issues, in fact I would probably say most of us are slim or underweight. I used to weigh in at 6 stones when I was at my worst. If you have a read throuhg the forum, there are quite a few people at the moment with weight worries too. I think its not just that we dont eat enough, people dont realise how many calories get burned off through nervous energy. We cant help it, its just what happens if you get nervous a lot!
    Id say a lot of 19 year olds look younger than they are, maybe your body is just a bit late developing?? I didnt develop till my late teens!!
    There is not neccesarily anything wrong with being thin as long as you are eating a balanced diet and drinking enough fluids. Maybe you are just going to be skinny cos its in your genes. I have quite a few naturally skinny friends. It doesnt matter how much they eat, they look like sticks!! lol. I weigh 8 stones now, and I know im still under weight, but I eat very well and very healthily, so I know its either just natural (got thin family) or its high metabolism or nervous energy.

So basically, youre not alone hun!! xxx

Actually not until the beginning of the year or so did it get bad enough for me to start losing weight like crazy; when I was younger (before college) I ate SO much! Everyone tells me I look 14-16, too (I work at a roller rink and the teenie boppers assume I'm their age when I'm gonna be 21 at the end of the month).

But it's definitely not anorexia; I could care less if I was at weight or overweight. It's just I don't want to v*.

I have the same problem like many of you. im about to be 16, 5"4 , and my current weight is 88 lbs. A few months ago , i weighed 79 lbs.only reason i gained because i kind of was forced to eat more and i managed to "stretch " my stomach back to regular size. and everyone says its anorexia or bulimia.Its actually quite funny to hear that because thats far from the real problem. I still look like a 11 yr. old. Hopefully your weight isnt screwing you up as bad as you not being able to "function" properly, and hopefully you still feel "normal". i know that i used to feel worn down all the time, 'cause i pecked at my food. we all know what your going through , so yeah.. to answer your question.. i do have that problem.Edited by: harttride
    \"I think that little by little I\'ll be able to solve my problems and survive.\"
    -Frida Kahlo

I'm 17 and about 1.60 m tall and 46 kg the last time I weighed myself, though my parents tell me I've got skinnier in the last few months, and my emet has been playing up quite badly. For a girl I was a "late bloomer", to use a euphemism... I was diagnosed with anorexia when I was ten, and they wanted to put me in a special institution for teenagers with eating disorders. Eventually they decided I was too young to go because I kept crying and panicking when I thought about having to eat HOSPITAL FOOD (one of the major causes of FP!) and be around people that actually v*ed WILLINGLY!

Then last year I went to a psychiatrist and mentioned my former bulimic friend and she said, "Oh, you used to be bulimic?" and I nearly cried. I'm so sick of people thinking I'm anorexic/bulimic. I know I need to put on weight, but the thought of having extra food sloshing around in me is just too much!Edited by: wallflower

I used to I'm 5 ft 8 and weighed 108.I now weigh 138. I drank ensure plus 3 times a day, with that and the help of my doctor, who is great I put on the weight. I had a really bad bout of flu when I was 19 and I actaully dropped to 89lbs. [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

I guess it depends on how severe your phobia is. In addition to hating the V word, I also have a compulsive over eatind disorder so i'm definatly not underweight. it's funny though because even times I have stuffed myself to the gills, I have never gotten sick from it. My stomach is like an tank. Probably because I hate being sick so it won't let me unless I have the flu or am on a boat. I could probably count on my fingers the amount of times in the last 20 years I have been sick. I would bet that two of the times would be from being on a boat and the other one would be when I had the flu, and I never had the flu before that and haven't had it since.

i am very underweight i weight 38kg. i would talk to your doctor to find out if your health is at risk. it can affect your bones. i have osteoporosis because of it.