The following was posted on my blog
fearsandphobias.blogspot.com

To tell you the truth I don’t watch that much TV, although I sometimes flip through the channels, briefly stopping at the nightly news. Most of the news I get comes from reading it on the internet or from discussions at work with co-workers.

For at least 6 months after the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center, I was addicted to Fox News. Nowadays, I don’t even know what channel it’s on. And since I stopped watching it, my stress level has come down.

Part of the reason I get bad emetophobic days is due to stress. I believe the start of my emetophobia was triggered by stress and I tend to bring it own over the smallest things.

When I hear of awful diseasters or terrible acts of nature that happen in the world, I tend to experience more hearburn, upset stomach, and that queasy butterflies in my stomach feeling which sets off panic attacks. The video footage of events that bring the viewers to the front lines of tornadoes whipping through homes or weeping Mothers making desperate pleas for abductors to return their child have a traumatic effect on me.

Am I the only emetophobe who can claim that Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and every other news channel makes my emetophobia worse? I would love to hear your response.