Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Heat Effects

It's 96 degrees Farenheit at the moment here in my area of New Jersey. This is really warm for us over here. I've been trying to keep cool by drinking water and iced tea and staying indoors here at my internship in the air conditioning.

However about an hour ago, while I was in the middle of eating my bagel for lunch, I was sent out to get a bunch of iced coffees for the editors. Well, driving and running around in this heat was not fun, and when I came back I was soaked in sweat and so exhausted.

I'm still feeling the side effects. I've cooled off but my eyes are still kind of blurry and it's difficult to concentrate. The extreme hunger I was experiencing earlier is completely gone and now my stomach even kind of hurts.

Am I all right? I'm so tired and just wish I could lay down and catch a quick nap to revive myself, but unfortunately am stuck in this office for another 4 hours until I can be free! And then I have to drive in this heat for another 30 minutes.

I'm scared I may faint or possibly even feel s* from this. Am I going to be OK? Any advice?
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I live in PA and its the same here. I feel s* from the heat all the time, i just try to drink lots and always make sure i eat light. its better to eat light rather than eat a big meal. stay away from greasy fatty foods. i have never actually gotten s* from the heat, but it does make me feel really crappy. take a cool shower when you can, and lie down. you will be fine!

I also live in PA and feel your pain.

Keep sipping water or non-caffeinated drinks all day whether you feel thirsty or not and you should be fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm doing much better now. I really felt ill for about an hour and a half after I got out of the heat. Now I get to go back in it and drive for 30 minutes without any air on. Oh dear.

Thanks for the advice though!
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

Awww wacky, hope youre feeling totally ok now hun!! xxx

Wow. It's not bad here in MI, but it is super hot. I haven't been going outside much either. Part of my therapy is daily exercise (one hour of walking) so I do it either in the early morning or when the sun is setting.

It's funny someone posted this, I was just thinking about it today. Personally I've never felt n* from the sun, but my mom gets pretty sick =/

This is sort of off-topic, but since this thread's about heat anyway, does anyone else have ridiculously low blood pressure? The heat and that have made a pretty bad combination and I'm afraid one of these times I'm going to pass out from feeling so dizzy! No n* though, so I'm totally up for dealing with it

No Jez, my bp is normal (I think!!) Well they never say anyhting when I g-o for check ups so I guess Im ok!! lol.

I do pass out every now and again though If I dont eat, rest or sleep enough. Its a very wierd sensation! If I ever feel like Im gonna faint, I drop to the floor immediately and put my head between my legs. Doesnt matter if Im out in public!! lol. That can be quite embarrassing!! lol. But it works!! xxx

If I'm outside in the heat I always wind up feeling a little n*, but I've never actually gotten sick from it, and it might actually be mostly from dehydration.

The heat always makes me less hungry, but unless I'm running around outside or not keeping hydrated, I hardly ever feel sick.

The really crappy thing, though, is that if you DO feel ill, being in the heat always makes it so much worse. [img]smileys/smilies_40.gif[/img]

Never gets that hot in the UK so I don't get that sort of feeling much. Hope you feel better now!