Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I edited your post only to add the hyperlink

They say don't squeeze lemon and then place rind into your drink. http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Consum...d=5048483&page =1Edited by: sage
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OMG... thanks for that link.. that is so disgusting. i dont even ask for lemon in my drinks but still... nasty! If they do that with the lemons, i cant imagine what else they night be doing back there. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    \"I think that little by little I\'ll be able to solve my problems and survive.\"
    -Frida Kahlo

I almost dont want to know!! lol

Ok, just made myself look....... [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] lol

That is sooooooooo gross!! I am never having lemon or any fruit in my drinks ever again!! lol. Good grief, thats disgusting!! I have worked in many bars and restaurants, and I always used to wash my hands like a mad woman before touching food (which is law!!) (and im an emet!! lol). Some people are just nasty!!

OH MY GOD. The Applebee's with the e coli is RIGHT BY MY HOUSE. I personally don't like Applebee's, but everyone I know eats there all the time. Oh my God, ew, I've got to warn people I know ...
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

eww that is disgusting. the other day' we went to jack in the box and the fry cook said "i have to go home i just T*u*" and then the guy told
    us "were having a problem with the grill and the repair man wont be
    here for a while" so why would they lie? ugh fast food restaurants make
    me sick. literally
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

Seriously, anything could make you sick. Even if the food doesn't it'll be something else. I've tried reducing my diet and I starved myself to an unhealthy weight. There was no point to it, the fear was still there. Eat, be happy and focus every last bit of energy not on avoiding lemons or whatever but on kicking this fear in the ass.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    Eat, be happy and focus every last bit of energy
    not on avoiding lemons or whatever but on kicking this fear in the
    ass.
    im with you!!!!

<a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I'm thinking it sounds a little sensational to me. Like a slow news day or something. Just because there was fecal matter on the outside of the lemon (which could be like 1 part per million and you need like 400 parts per million for it to even be dangerous). Anyway...that doesn't mean that any of it got into the drinks anyway. Honestly, you could test just about ANYTHING and find bacteria on it.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

yep, i agree with sage... they also say that the ice is absolutely filthy,
    and you know what?? i've been drinking soft drinks with ice and lemon
    for years and years and i've NEVER been sick from them. i'm definitely
    not going to stop now just because there's a chance i MIGHT get sick,
    even though, it's still pretty disgusting that employees don't was their
    hands.

Yeah I've heard about the ice thing. Still glad I'm in the U.K. Heard of Applebee's. Is it any good?

Yes, I love Applebees! Oriental Chicken Wrap ( I think it's called) is great! Also, I have been putting ice and lemon in drinks for years, and I plan on keeping it up. I agree that it was probably a slow news day, and the media loves to scare people.

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

omg mary the oriental chicken wrap is my favorite!!

I'm a vegetarian and pretty much everything at Applebee's is chicken! LoL and the few (and I mean FEW!) options they do have that don't contain chicken or any other kind of meat really aren't that good, in my honest opinion.

Same with T.G.I.Friday's. Chili's is really good, though!

Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    Seriously, anything could make you sick. Even if the food doesn't it'll be something else. I've tried reducing my diet and I starved myself to an unhealthy weight. There was no point to it, the fear was still there. Eat, be happy and focus every last bit of energy not on avoiding lemons or whatever but on kicking this fear in the ass.
    I used to not want to eat a lot because of the fear. My family obviously got worried, I'm really slim and some people though I was anorexic. That made me feel even worse! 'cause people don't know what u are going through and I just don't like to tell everyone "hey, I'm afraid to eat a lot 'cause I think I may v*, ok??"

Whatever...

i also feel very self conscious about how thin i am. i always worry people will think i'm anorexic.

Same here. Where I'm interning the people have made jokes saying I look like I eat once a month or something. Though some people like getting complimented on being thin, it makes me feel more like a freak. It's just difficult to gain weight though.

I have been having lemon in every alcoholic drink and every cold drink (and I really do mean EVERY SINGLE DRINK) for my entire 18 years on this earth and I have never been sick from it.

ISAIAH 41:10

There's always SOMETHING at restaurants that is unhealthy. My cousin works at a few places and she always says how people come in sick because, well, how else are you supposed to get paid? While I agree with that (after all, we rarely get allotted sick days and other amazing stuff), you have to wonder how places stay open T_T;

To agree with previous replies, I've been eating out all my life and no one I personally know has ever gotten ANY sort of sick from restaurant foods. Our bodies can handle little things, guys Try to remember that.