Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Would you avoid having kids?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes definatly

40 28.78%
  • No I would suffer through

61 43.88%
  • I cant have kids anyway

3 2.16%
  • Maybe, Maybe not...

35 25.18%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Would you avoid having kids?

No! I adore kids. I don't really know how will i handle pregnancy or kids v*, but i have to somehow. A few days ago,my causin from Germany came with 3 year old chiled, i fell in love!!
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I have a daughter already and got through it without v* before I had this phobia.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

No phobia is going to stop me having the life I want. So yes, I'd definitely have children and the risk of them vomiting is not going to stop me.
    Come visit my history blog:

oops I put "yes" because I thought it meant "yes I want kids" - obv didn't read it right

Anyways ... I am 7 weeks pregnant My n* hasn't been horrible ... yesterday was pretty bad but I think that was a mixture of morning sickness + anxiety as my anxiety was pretty heavy yesterday. I have Zofran sitting on my dresser, along with the wrist bands and a bottle of Tums and Meclizine. I think I'm pretty well stocked up. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse than it's been the past few days ... but I keep thinking about the end result and the little baby I'm going to bring into this world. I had an ultrasound on Wed and got to see it & the heartbeat which was amazing.

thats something i've always worried about- i adore kids and would love to have my own later, but i'm so scared that i'd be a crap mum when they're sick. i think i'd just have to battle through it to make sure my childs ok, but it would be so hard.

I`ve never really wanted kids, & not just because of emet, I just didn`t fancy being a mother. I had a baby when I was 18, but gave him up for adoption.

What an old topic! I'll weigh in though.

I personally have no desire to have kids, not vomit related. I just have never enjoyed having children around. I don't mind visiting kids and I love making them smile, but I have never wanted my own. Thankfully my boyfriend doesn't want children either. We have discussed it and if we did decide to have a child we would adopt. This isn't because I'm afraid to be sick, but because there are so many kids who need a safe home and we would rather help one of them out.

I can totally see why people would want their own children, emet or not, but it's nothing I have any interest in.

You may find these links helpful!

I would avoid having kids, but kids scare me anyway because they can be so hurtful. I'm sure not all kids are like that, but they all seem to take a dislike to me.

I'm almost 38 and don't have kids but it has nothing to do with emetophobia; I just never wanted them.

My emetophobia is my main decision for not having children. I'm only 19 but I could NEVER imagine having kids..not with all the V* they do. I couldn't handle it with my nieces and nephews..how would I be able to do it with my own children?

I'm only 18 but I've seriously thought about this so much. It pains me to think I couldn't give love to my own child when they're not well.

This is something I am trying to figure out at the moment. I always thought I didn't want children, but now I'm not too sure. But I am worried that my phobia will affect my ability to care for them. I'm just not sure I want to take the risk, but at the same time I don't want to have any regrets! Comments and opinions very welcome!!!

I would not let emet keep from having kids. I regret not starting sooner and having more than one. Yea it's scary as hell, but so worth it!!

I have 2. The worrying is horrible but the regret would be SO MUCH WORSE! I've added up all of the hours I've spent with each v*ing and it's seriously just a blip. My oldest is 10. In all of the years of bugs thus far he's dealt with v*ing a TOTAL of a few hours. Fewer than 2 full days combined. We've had 10 YEARS of joy and a few HOURS of puke. It's far less scary than what you're imagining and the truth is that every time it happens I think to myself, 'really, that was it???'. You pop on a movie, grab a trash can and wait it out. The HONEST truth is that the colds end up being more exhausting. They can't sleep and it lasts for days. The complaining and exhaustion when they have a fever/cold are such a drag. That is the worst!!!!

My phobia is what kept me from having kids for so long! I would never admit to anyone this exact reason, but I didn't want kids because I didn't want t go through ms* and be around my own kids when they are sick.
    But it is so worth those few moments of when he is sick. I want more kids! I feel like I am crazy wanting more and pushing my luck lol

I have a 14 month old son and I'm 5 months pregnant with my daughter! Best advice: Take each day as it comes

I plan on having little ones someday, so I'd just have to suffer through!