Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Basically, last night, I went to a party which involved a lot of drinking. The plan was to drive there, leave my car there overnight, get a cab back home (so that I could drink!) and go back this morning to pick up my car!

Well the party was so much fun - I did have a bit too much to drink but I wasn't sick. A lot of people were being sick due to over-drinking but that didn't bother me as such.

So I came back home last night, slept, then went back to retrieve my car this morning, only to find that someone had been sick all down the side of it!! It was all over the drivers side unfortunately so I had to climb over to the driver seat through the passenger side. The smell was horrific! You could smell it inside the car even though the person had only been sick outside the car! So, trying not to breath at all, I drove my car home and I had to clean it off my car when I got back - I just hope it was sick due to alcohol because, if it was a bug, i've probably caught it now! But I was pleased because I didn't panic and was completely fine!

Chris xxx
    ISAIAH 41:10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm definitely impressed that you didn't panic, I would have!

And I hope you didn't have to do that journey with a hangover, because that sounds horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by x hannah x
    And I hope you didn't have to do that journey with a hangover, because that sounds horrible.
    I had a HUGE headache this morning but that is because I didn't drink a lot of water last night! WOOPS!
    It could have been worse... one of my friends got taken home in an ambulance!!

I could never get into the intense partying/overindulgence in alcohol scene, but I think what you did was great! If it were me, I would've ran somewhere far and called someone else to come and clean it up thoroughly for me before I'd even think about going near my car, none the less inside of it.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

haha i would have made someone else come to pick up the car and
    drive it through a carwash before dropping it off at my house. kudos for
    not panicking though!

Thanks guys!
    The worst thing was the smell - my car had been sitting in the sun and the vomit smell had somehow got into my car as a result!
    Spend my entire car journey trying not to breathe in lol but my car is very clean now - my sister is using it for a drive today!

xx

wow i wouldnt have been able to do that! big hugs! good for you!
    <a href=\"
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] I would have ran screaming [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img] Nice job not panicking too!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Georgi

Oh wow, that's inspiration right there! I would have gotten hysterical and left my car there forever. I would be perfectly happy never to see my car again. How did you manage? How did you clean it up? Did you just hose it down or did you have to like scrub it with a sponge or whatever?
    And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
    Anais Nin

Defs due to alcohol! Even if it was a bug, those bugs can only survive for a very short amount of time outside the human body, so if it had been there for more than a few minutes or so you wouldn't catch it anyway.
    Lauren xx