Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I was wondering

How many time a day do you eat proper meals? I eat only once or twice because im scared of being s* and between meals i can handle with sweets

Im the same way, i only eat twice a day, i HAVE to wait 6 -8 hours in between meals,and i cant eat after a certain time in the day, so i have time to digest between meals.My mom and sister tell me its been to long and i have to eat but i tell them im still full.There are certain things i can eat and that i cant. And i dont eat snacks at all ever. only if im eating chips and its accompining a main dish and it can only be one of two brands. There are foods i cant mix, so thats also why i wait so long to eat cause i think of what i ate earlier that day, and im scared it'll mix with what i have in my stomach already, even though its already digested.The amount of time im waiting between meals hasent gotten any better, but my mom and sister have helped quite a bit with what i eat and when. i ask them to help me choose what i eat and when, cause if i dont i would end up not eating at all[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Edited by: harttride
    \"I think that little by little I\'ll be able to solve my problems and survive.\"
    -Frida Kahlo

This is basically my menu for today:

1 decaf coffee with soy milk
    2 pieces of turkey lunch meat
    1 lunch size bag of bar b que chips
    1 apple
    water
    ginger tea

I most likely will not eat anymore because Im always feeling very n*. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't eat at all. I survive on 2 or 3 medicated drinks a day. i managed to have half a slice of toast today but now i feel punished because i now feel very n*.

grg, dude. No wonder you're nauseous! That diet is terrible!
    I know that part of your brain is telling you that this is a good idea to eat like this, so you won't be sick but really...you're setting yourself up to have no immune system at all.
    I don't know if this would appeal to you at all, but here is a very simple menu that would be not only nutritious, but highly digestible and easy on your stomach. Anyway, take it for what it's worth.
    Breakfast: cream of wheat (very easy to digest - they told me to eat this when I had chemo and it was fine) OR Special K cereal with milk
    Lunch: cottage cheese or bowl of yogurt (both are highly digestable) + canned or fresh peaches, pears or banana (these are the easiest fruit to process and loaded with vitamins)
    Dinner: now eat your turkey meat(or well-cooked chicken or lamb. These are the best meats to digest easily). If possible, try some white rice with it or noodles or baked/mashed potato. These starches will give you the calories you need, but not bother your stomach. Add steamed vegetables such as carrots or squash or anything orange/yellow. You should also have something green and probably the easiest thing is steamed broccoli or cooked spinach - but not everyone likes these veggies.
    You could have a tablespoon of everything and still be doing better than you are now.

I hope this helps some.
    Take care,
    SAGE
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

harttride-Yeah I have the same thing ..If I eat I will wait 6-8 houres to digest ..I dont mix food...

grgygrl- your n* because you dont eat at all ,my phobia is ruining my life but she's not killing me softly

sage-can you cure me? [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

BREAKFAST - A bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee
    BUT, on weekends, Toasted Ham and Cheese sandwich!!

LUNCH - A bowl of salad with some protein on it - eg.tuna, or HAM again, cold chicken etc.

AFTERNOONSY!! - A plate of biscuits and a cup of coffee

DINNER - Something filling
    Eg. Stir fry, Pasta, Pizza, Veggie burger, Paella etc.

As well as these, I tend to nibble throughout the day and have several cups of coffee, tea, bottles of water etc.
    ISAIAH 41:10

I am currently taking Adderall which curbs my appetite greatly, but normally I will try to eat normal food, just in small enough amounts to ensure I am not "full". The feeling of fullness always makes me panic.

I used to eat very little, maybe one "real"-ish meal a day with little things here or there, but I soon began to realize that the LACK of food and my own constant worrying about getting sick when I did eat was what was making me n* 24/7.

The past few weeks I have been working on having 3 full meals a day, or 4 smaller ones, and calming myself down when I do feel full, so I don't confuse it with being n*. I also try to do things that won't make me think about my stomach at all, like helping my boyfriend shoot his "movie" LoL.

But for an example, here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 1 cinnamon raisin english muffin (no butter or jam) with 1 cup of vanilla soymilk

Snack: 1 apple and 1 peach (for some reason I get really hungry at my internship)

Lunch: An order of vegetable fried rice. I didn't eat it all at once. I ate a little 3 separate times, about an hour apart, and didn't finish the whole thing, but most of it.

Dinner: Some potato casserole my mother makes, with mixed vegetables. I ended up throwing a lot of it out, but I ate until I was full and that's all that matters.

And a lot of water throughout the day. I haven't felt n* at all since I've started doing this. I think if you try to convince yourself that eating will actually prevent you from v*, like I've been trying, it'll help.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

party and wacky: those menus don't look too bad. Much better than the other example!
    sicpuppy: LOL! I don't think anybody can cure anybody over the internet! (Although I am looking into online counselling via video...I wonder who might be into that...the problem with most folks here would be the cost, I think. I'm quite sure my insurance would be fairly expensive....)
    ...just blathering now...
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

How much do you think it would cost Sage?? xx

Diet-wise!!

Remember that you are more vulnerable to catching an bug or an illness if you do not eat healthily!

Healthy food is the key to a healthy immune system! If you have a strong immune system, you will fight off bugs very quickly.

One of my friends caught the norovirus just after christmas this year when we had an outbreak here in the UK and she is very healthy - she exercises daily(!) and eats 4 healthy meals a day! She was only sick twice and her symptoms lasted only 24 hours! This was confirmed by the doctor that she had norovirus but she got over it very quickly and i am convinced that it was due to her healthy lifestyle!

ISAIAH 41:10

I dont eat like that all the time and I didnt post it to be an example. It was meant to show what I had happened to eat on that particular day. Now yesterday was a good day with a Nutri Grain bar for breakfast with ginger tea, lunch was 1/2 ham sandwich on whole wheat and dinner was chicken with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots steamed no butter.
    What happens is I will feel great for about 1 week, eat great and then like today, I ate great yesterday and woke up this morning feeling n*. I take 2-4 Probiotics everydy and cinnamon 1x per day to help with sugar metabolism. Maybe it is anxiety maybe not, but how to tell is the question.
    Georgi

Breakfast: Coffee with lactose-free skim milk and a Lean Cuisine (if I have time) or a donut/muffin (if I'm running late).

Mid-morning snack: Special K cereal bar (or a candy bar if I'm feeling naughty) and tea.

Lunch: Small bowl of pasta, soup, or a ham & cheese sandwich, and more tea or a soda.

Dinner: Varies greatly, but usually some kind of white meat (chicken breasts and pork chops are my favorite) and a carb like bread, pasta, rice, or potatoes. Usually with a soda.

I know I don't get hardly any fruit or vegetables in my diet. I get trace amounts of fruit in muffins and cereal bars, and trace amounts of vegetables in my soups. I try to be better about it, but the only kind of raw vegetable that I like is baby carrots, and I found out that I'm ALLERGIC to them. Apparently some tree allergies can also manifest when you eat raw vegetables, and you wind up with an itchy throat for a while after eating them.

I eat proper meals everyday. Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner.
    My reasoning is I'm more likely to feel s* from hunger than from over eating.
    Plus if for some reason I did v* its a heck of a lot less painful to v* something than nothing.
    ________
    FREEXXX
    Last edited by emetmama; 03-11-2011 at 01:00 PM.

I try to eat right, and it isn't always emet related when I don't but rather me either being picky or eating junk. On average:

Breakfast: cereal bar, coffee

Lunch: sandwich

Dinner: veggies and chicken OR a protien bar/drink if I'm being picky and dont want "real" food lol.

In betweens I will have chips, fruit, some sort of sugar lol, granola bars ... depends on the day. Edited by: SimplyMe
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I eat ALL THE TIME. Seriously. Emet doesn't affect my diet at all. Probably because regardless of this phobia, I want to be sure I am as healthy as possible. I try to eat all the fiber I can for breakfast, usually in cereal, because I don't get a whole lot of it elsewhere. I usually snack on fruits and veggies, as well as little candies here and there. My biggest problem is that a lot of times I overeat, and that causes n*! I typically watch what I eat, don't do ANY POP/SODA or a TON of junk food... high fructose corn syrup has a tendency to mess with my emet and make it worse. Otherwise, I eat what I want Like Sage said, you have to make sure your immune system is healthy! I guess I've never understand why other emets starve themselves... the less you have to eat, the MORE likely you are to become sick...

I eat 5 times a day. But my eating is really odd. The reasons for that are 2 - my phobia and also my constant wish to be fit and thin. I am naturally pretty average but if I limit myself to 2000 calories per day, I keep my weight a little lower, which is perfect for me. So that's why I eat 5 times a day but in small amounts.
    You only live once