Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Is it me?

Or i get really n* when I see feet or when I hear the word sausage. Do you have this kind of problems when you see something normal and get s* ?

I think we all have specific things that make us feel n*. For me it is a certain duck meal my mum makes. The smell makes me feel very n*. She makes it anyway. I'm ok with words though.

There's this kind of pasta my mom makes that just tastes and smells terrible, and whenever she makes it the smell makes me feel a little n*. I can't think of any words that do that, though.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I used to hate the word "bucket". If anyone said it, I would panic, I walked around buckets and held my breath in the laundry, and I tried to avoid saying it myself if I had anything in my stomach. I seemed to grow out of it, but my emet got worse overall.

Parmesan cheese. Need I say more?[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I also used to avoid dressing nicely because I thought it just typical that if I got dressed up I'd spoil my outfit by v*ing all over myself. I don't do that anymore, though.

And foods - apart from the parmesan cheese, I was at my friend's house a few weeks ago - they're Chinese, lovely but I really can't handle Asian foods - and her mum made this "soup" (I've no idea) that was something like boiled lychee juice with the lychees floating in it and then just - SPLAT - a boiled egg floating in it and bits of...something...in it. I was trying so hard not to have a panic attack and the smell was awful. I was gagging as I ate and I just had to tell them I wasn't feeling well. (By that stage I wasn't, anyway.) Even now I have to try not to gag at the memory!

I hate seeing white gravy-- you know the thick kind they eat over biscuits in the southern US? It stands like, six inches erect, and wobbles horribly. I have to close my eyes when I handle a customer's leftovers with that in them.

The smell of Spaghetti-O's instantly makes me n*.

I don't think I have a huge problem with any particular words and n*, though... I know some people don't like words like "moist", I've never really understood that either. As you can probably tell by my longwinded posts, I like words a lot. I am the Queen of Circumlocution.

(the one word I really HATE... this is silly, I know. But I hate hate hate hate HATE the word "fart". HATE IT. But it doesn't make me feel s*. :-P)
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

Lyntess, OhMY GOD, i reckon me and you are like soulmates or something. The one word in the WHOLE dictionary I absolutly HATE is 'fart'!!!! lol. [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    I have been trying to get my boyfriend to stop saying it for months now cos I HATE it!!! It drives me mad!! Its just such a repulsive word!!! Doesnt make me n* either, but i hate it!!! lol.

I hate the smell of parmesan too (bleuch) and also anything sweet and sour!! Cannot stand it!!!

Oh my GOd, i just had a mental flashback.....

I remember getting really n* as a kid every single time I saw my Dads feet (they were SOOOOO gross and smelly)!!! So you are not alone sicpuppy!! lol.

Omg, I still eat sausage and hot dogs, but when I think about what they are made out of, I get n*. Here in Michigan (US), we have a law that hot dogs MUST be made out of good beef/chicken/pork, whatever. So I always check to make sure I'm not eating 'leftovers' in my food, gross.