Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

5 days ago my baby girl 1.5 years old started with d and v. I had a serious panic attack at work when my husband called and told me. Then I got it together as best I could, knowing full well I would be home alone with her the next day while she was sick. Then yesterday morning my oldest daughter 3.5 v x2 and then was fine the rest of the day. last night my husband got sick, lots of n and d. he is still sick. the youngest had d today and the oldest v x2 again tonight. I am so worried about my youngest, she is so tiny, and I think she has lost some weight. I took her to see the doc. we have sent in some samples. My tummy is gurgling, no cramps. I guess it is going to happen to me no question since I have 2 sick kids and a husband. I just can't handle the anxiety of waiting for it. and wondering for how long I will be sick. I have taken a gravol just to help me calm down and just in case. I had a total break down when my oldest v'd again tonight. I got mad and yelled (not at her) but mostly just had a fit. I have calmed down on the outside, but on the inside. I just want to die.

can anyone tell me it is possible I will not get this? Do I have a hope? I pretty much know it is hopeless. I am a nurse. I have researched this stuff until I am blue in the face. I have only ever had a stomach bug one time before, last year. Again everyone had it, but my husband did not get it. I so wish I could get through this time without a thing.I am not affraid of d but the n and v terrify me. I am so scared to make a mess. So scared to be alone. So scared my kids will need me and I will not be able to do it.

This is my first post her. I am sorry if I have posted in the wrong place.

I am on vacation from work. what an awful vacation. hope if I get it, I am better by the time I need to go back to work.

ahhhhhhhh I can't take this anxiety.

where can I get help?? my husband it amazing but does not get this at all.

ok obviously I am rambling. I must calm down.

It IS possible not to get this. i too work in the health field. One time while working residential almost every child and staff member had the same illness. i did not catch it! But waiting for it was sooooo bad. I truely hope the best for you. Make sure to keep eating healthy foods. although i do understand how hard it can be to eat in the given situation. And as you know just keep washing your hands and disenfecting things. And get as much rest as possible. i hope your family feels better real soon.
    I\'m so tired but I can\'t sleep, standing on the edge of something much too deep, funny how you feel so much but can

not say a word, We are screaming inside but can\'t be heard.

ohh sweetie, i'm so sorry you have to go through this!! i can only
    imagine how rough it is, but you're going to pull through!! i'd say your
    children have rotavirus, not norovirus. it's very very common amongst
    children and causes v* for them, but only causes d* and some n* for
    adults. make sure you wash your hands and do what you can to keep
    your mind distracted. we're here for you!! feel better!!

I have no idea if you will get it or not, but I know that you can do it. You got through your kids and husband being sick and that is amazing, and even though it was terrible, you did survive being sick yourself last year. We are here to talk you through it. I'm glad you found the forums. Where in Canada are you??

Take care!!

Hi there. Ive been where you are at least 1-2 times per year. You will get through it I promise. The anxiety is the worst part and then health comes again and things get back to normal. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    Georgi
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It is possible you won't get it. Just keep good hygiene!

Hi and Welcome. I'm a medical assistant, love all aspects of medicine, especially phlebotomy, but am totally emetophobic. I never thought anyone else was like me. I could tell you were a nurse from your abbreviations. Yes, it is totally possible for you not to get it. I keep up excellent hygeine when my 2 are sick and thankfully my hubby (who handles most of it all) and I manage to stay healthy. I also take echinacea just to insure myself.
    By the way, what kind of work do you do? Do you encounter v* at all?

Firstly, can I just congratulate you on being a nurse! I was considering it a few months ago, but then I realised my emet would get in the way. You're obviously very strong and I'm sure you'll get through it! I wish I could guarantee that you won't catch it, but I do know exactly how you feel, I promise! I can't improve on camelot's and prncesspnk's advice - just keep all of that up and you'll be fine! Good luck![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]