Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Lexapro

i was just prescribed lexapro yesterday for my anxiety. of course, like any true emet, i did tonnsss of research on it before i took it, i got mixed results. the majority had no side effects. i have a VERY difficult time taking medication, it's actually one of the biggest causes of anxiety for me. So this was a big step for me, but i went into it feeling very positive.....
    but those confident feelings were quickly squashed.
    about 2 hours after i took it (i took it with food, by the way) i felt INCREDIBLY n* and very very dizzy and lightheaded. then i had a little d*, which i'm sure are my nerves. i tried to lay down (as much as i can with a 3 year old, lol) my head feels funny, like kinda cloudy. very drowsy. and the wierdest thing, my jaw feels so clenched and tight, it's really strange. i had to force myself to eat something, and i can't be doing that. i NEED my appetite. i can't afford to lose any wieght, i only wiegh 83lbs as it is!!!!!
    i don't like this feeling at all. maybe it would be different if i took it at bedtime instead of in the morning??

has anyone else taken lexapro? what were your experiences? any advice? i
    know that side effects usually go away if you just keep taking it, but it's sooo hard for me to do that!
    does it get better??

also, i was prescribed Librax for my stomach (and also for anxiety) i'm supposed to take this 3-4 times a day. i haevn't taken it at all today because i feel so n*.
    i've done some research on it, but haven't found much.
    anyone have any experience with Librax??
    i'm just so sick of living like this.....
    please help.

I had a very similar experience with Lexapro. I couldn't bring myself to take the second dose and never took another one again.
    BandNerd
    BandNerd