The medication is a sticking point, no doubt about it. You said you were willing to to anything that's necessary to keep you two together... looking into anti-emetics could well be something that could save your relationship.

She can help you by helping you to drink fluids regularly, and help find creative and more palatable versions of "safe" liquids to make it easier for you to stay sloshed up. Giving her the task of coming up with alternative beverages may help take a lot of the anxiety away-- she's contributing to your treatment then, not just trembling as a helpless bystander just waiting for you to yack.

The two of you can look into natural medicines, holistic healing perhaps, different remedies if you're not cool with "modern" medicine. But do keep it in mind. Yes, pills come with side-effects... but is a bit of constipation or dry mouth worth the saving of your relationship? Try weighing it up that way.

I'm not trying to lecture, I'm speaking from the standpoint of an emet with a husband who hates taking medicine too. If he were as interested in finding other ways to keep healthy as he is in never taking a tablet, he'd be the very picture of vitality! Sigh. Silly men.

I guarantee, ONE week's worth of menstrual pain and you'd be diving for the Midol bottle, side-effects be damned. ;-)