Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Should nonemets be more worried about v*?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

4 21.05%
  • No!

11 57.89%
  • It depends.

4 21.05%

The other day it occurred to me that while I am DEFINITELY over-worried about v*, I really feel that my hubby is very under-worried about v*. He doesn't seem to be that in-tune with his body - even I can tell when he is about to v* when he insists he feels fine - and as a result waits till the last second to find a trash can or bathroom or go outside and generally makes life difficult for some custodian, or ME, when he doesn't make it (i.e. my bathroom, the car). He got an overwhelming feeling of n* the other day and just sat in the middle of the cafeteria trying to let it pass; I would have gone straight outside/to the bathroom! Honestly...

So I guess what I'm asking is, do you think anyone specifically or people in general should be more conscious of v* or would everyone then have some form of emet? And why do you think that? For example, non-emets should be more worried because then everyone would live more cleanly, or they shouldn't be more worried because we'd never have gotten all these great carnival rides, etc.

Thanks!

I think they shouldn't be any more worried than they are. Non-emets have the right view of v*, and I wish I was like them!!

I put no, but I do think people in general (not just non emets/emets) could stand to be a bit more conscious of others and thoughtful. Not just with emet issues but in general.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

LOL I voted "Yes!" when I was in the middle of a terrible attack of n*, but I stick by my vote now anyway. I suppose it's cos I'm 17 and of course I avoid the parties that go on on the weekends (I couldn't go even if I wasn't emet because I live so far away from everyone else), then on Monday mornings I hear people bragging about how many times they v*ed in X's mum's car or how Y was lying in the gutter v*ing all over herself... I'm like, "is that something to be proud of?!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] ...So anyway, drunks should definitely be more worried.Edited by: wallflower

I put no, but i know what you're saying. i am extremely stressed by my bf's lack of understanding that him drinking to much causes panic for me because then i have to worry if he is going to v* all night. or that i do not want to have a party at our house because people will inevitably drink too much and this will be a problem for me (especially since we only have one bathroom).
    it would be nice if people were more able to understand just how much it affects us, but i suppose it is no big deal for them, and i know that it shouldn't be.

Though I agree on the points made about drunk people, I voted "no" because I am so envious of that lack of worry. I cannot wait for the day when I can live without that constant worry. Also, I'd imagine if non-emets did worry more then it would be like a mild form of emetophobia, and I wouldn't wish this phobia on anyone.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

If they're as worried as us, it'd make us crazier.