Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: V* in public

I know there are a lot of emets who are terrified and embarrassed about v*ing in public, or having others see them v*, etc.

But I'm wondering if anyone else is like me, and is the complete opposite?

Many times when I'm feeling so n* that I really just wish I could let go of the fear and just v* already, I kind of imagine an "ideal" (I suppose) setting for me to be v*ing and it usually happens like this:

I'm at a hospital, with a lot of nurses surrounding me, some of them holding me, and I'm leaning over a toilet hyperventilating. They keep encouraging me and shouting at me that it's OK, it's just normal, that I can do it, there's nothing wrong with v*ing. I of course keep refusing and saying No, I can't do it, it's too frightening. But eventually I finally cave in to their pressure and just v* already.

It's pretty dramatic, and strange, but it's what I imagine. I guess I'd just want others to make as big of a deal out of me being sick as I do. [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

i never like people to watch me or look at me, even when it has nothing
    to do with my emet. when i'm in class, i have to sit in the back of the
    room. silly, i know.

I'd prefer to be completely alone. The pity, the disgust and the attention of other people when I have to v* is almost as repulsive and frightening to me as the actual act. I wouldn't even allow my mother to be with me when I v*ed as a child, and I especially hated being touched (pats on the back, hair being stroked, bleh).

An "ideal" situation for me would be at home, alone, hair tied back, absolutely no distractions. I'd probably even lock the cat out of the bathroom!
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

I'm with lyntess! I don't want anyone near me!! Ah, even my mom being around when I last v* made me so uncomfortable.

My ideal situation is me t*u* outside, all alone, at night, preferably not in a city-place, but like... in the country. I am just really scare of getting sick indoors, I'm not sure what it is. Probably the control issue, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it anywhere in time! Being outside, it would be safe to just v* everywhere! (Ew, that sounds so gross, haha)

I wouldn't want to be outside, then I might get it on ME! And that would be the worst thing, ever.

MUCH safer to do it in the bathroom, into the toilet-- or possibly sitting on the toilet clutching a large, deep receptacle that will NEVER have to be used again, once it's emptied and thoroughly rinsed and washed with bleach and burned.

I know everyone's heard of 'buckets' - I wish I could find the bucket we used when I was young! It was this giant thing of a bucket that overflowed my lap! It was used for mixing cement, lol, but we never really used it for that. It could be washed, which we did (all the time), so we could reuse it (gross D: ).

I got hung up on the "overflowed my lap!" there for a while, I admit. Blergh! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] (I've lost all traces of sanity. It's official.)

i still remember "the basin"... it was yellow too... *shudders*

My mother used to get frequent migraines that would make her v*, and she took to using these big chocolate chip containers from BJs (she had a bakery). They were round at the top, just big enough to get your mouth inside, and then got bigger and square at the bottom, with a "handle" molded into the plastic.

Good times. Good times. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Lauren, you obviously have social phobia. There is a lot more help available for that than for emet. If you emet is wrapped up with it, then getting cured of social phobia might also cure your emet. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have social anxiety and a fear of driving AND the emmets and I to think they all combine together...and make me one big freak..I mean god, couldn't I have a fear of something RATIONAL? LOL

Me, I would prefer to do it in a toilet, with no one home. I don't want anyone near me or hearing me do it. If I was outside I would want NO ONE near me. I don't want anyone knowing I am doing it. That is one of my fears, doing it in public.

Its the public thing that bugs me. I can handle it when I'm alone in my own house and lately I've found I can handle it if I feel n* and people are over. I'm definitely improving.
    ________
    Honda Valkyrie specifications
    Last edited by emetmama; 03-11-2011 at 01:04 PM.

doug, i'm guilty as charged.

i dislike inviting people over because i can't make them leave if i don't
    feel well [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]. that's why i actually prefer going to friends' houses, even
    though i don't particularly like being in public.

Quote Originally Posted by jezebel89
    I'm with lyntess! I don't want anyone near me!! Ah, even my mom being around when I last v* made me so uncomfortable.

My ideal situation is me t*u* outside, all alone, at night, preferably not in a city-place, but like... in the country. I am just really scare of getting sick indoors, I'm not sure what it is. Probably the control issue, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it anywhere in time! Being outside, it would be safe to just v* everywhere! (Ew, that sounds so gross, haha)
    Is exactly like me I HATE HATE HATE having neone near me or around me even as feel nasusea let alon v* i think its the embrrasment, i dnt even wnt my own mum to be with me, because its the whole stroking back it;ll be ok scenario tht makes me worried even more. Like the above my ideal place would be outdoor,s ut in a city because i like to thin other people are awake at this time etc(weird emet thing) I love noise it distracts me, so it would be cold noisy and outside! As i hate the idea of v* indoors!

But i dnt think i wnt to get myself in tht place but if i HAD to tht wud be it!

I am with the majority here too, I HATE HATE HATE anyone being anywhere near me when Im n*. My hugest fear is v* in public with literally anyone being able to see or hear me. Even at home, I dont want anyone around, I dont want any attention or sympathy. But the idea of having to get s* when Im out in public or at work or whatever is my biggest fear.

Ahh, seems like I'm the only one! Haha. As a kid I remember always liking it best when one of my parents were with me. I remember once in 6th grade I got sick one night and slept in the living room, and for most of the night my mom slept on the other couch with me, but at one point she got up and went back to her bed.

Well I woke up, v* again, and just felt so abandoned because she had gone back to bed.

Now it's weird. I don't really like to be touched when I'm n* but I also don't like to be all alone.

As for a basin, we still have the one we used when we were kids. And now we use it to handwash some clothes. Ew.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I'm very scared of gettin sick in public. I dont wanna embarass myself.

But, I honestly can't get sick by myself!!! I'm too terrified without someone being around to help me. Ideally, i wanna get sick with my mom beside me. I don't mind nurses or doctos either. But I can't be alone.