Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anti-emetic kit

How many of you carry an anti-emet kit with you? Here's a picture of mine. It looks like a lot of stuff but I manage to squeeze all of this into an Altoid container and hold it together with a rubber band.

Shoved inside the lid are two tablets of Meclizine a.k.a. Bonine, an over-the-counter anti-emetic marketed for motion sickness.

The green wrappers are a taffy like ginger candy called Ginger Chews. The candy has a vibrant ginger bite to them and I bite off small bits at a time and suck on them. Ginger Chews are available in many health food stores or on the company's website (www.gingerpeople.com).
    On top of the Altoids are two Pepto Bismol tablets which help heartburn and bloating as well as nausea.

The clear bag has 4 ginger capsules, 1 enteric-coated peppermint capsule (taken 15-20 minutes before eating), 4 cinnamon capsules and the two pink capsules are Charcocaps - a homeopathic remedy for gas and bloating. After squeezing all of that inside, I hold it together with a rubber band.

I guess you can tell I have nothing else to do on this rainy Sunday afternoon.

Edited by: centipede

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Friend me on Facebook
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's awesome! I like Altoid containers in general, they are very useful for carrying little items.

I've never had an anti-emetic kit until I came to this site and heard about them! I am afraid of becoming medication-dependant, so I don't have a whole lot in my 'kit.' Mine is a plain, punch-hole sheet of chewable orange Dramamines, and a giant pack of cinnamon gum. They float around in my purse. Sometimes the pills or gum get out of the containers, which is ironic that I would take 'dirty' meds/gum because I'm afraid of getting sick!

Wow! That is alot of stuff!! I don't carry anything with me but water. I always have to have water

My kit is an eyeglass case with three sheets of Pepto tablets, 4 Bonine caplets in their punch-pack, half a roll of Rolaids, a packet of Saltines, a rubber glove and a pair of tweezers. Sometimes some peppermint teabags, too. I hold the case double-shut with hair ties, so it can't pop open and humiliate me ("Why do you have a rubber glove in your purse?" :-P).
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

This is a really interesting idea! I had never heard of it until I read your post.

The only thing I keep around my place is a bottle of Promethazine (Phenergan) that I was prescribed last November when I had nausea. I know you're not supposed to take old prescriptions, but I keep it around just in case. It would hurt to buy some Dramamine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lyntess
    My kit is an eyeglass case with three sheets of Pepto tablets, 4 Bonine caplets in their punch-pack, half a roll of Rolaids, a packet of Saltines, a rubber glove and a pair of tweezers. Sometimes some peppermint teabags, too. I hold the case double-shut with hair ties, so it can't pop open and humiliate me ("Why do you have a rubber glove in your purse?" :-P).

So........why do you carry rubber gloves and tweezers hun??!?! I am MAJORLY intrigued!!! lol xxx

All I carry is a packet of polos and a packet of mint sugar free chewing gum. Sometimes peppermint tea bags or water or ginger ale, but not very often. Having a kit is cool!! xx

*giggles* Trust you to call me on those, ally!! Okay, bear with me. It DOES make sense... at least to me.

The glove is in case I have to touch something or someone that has been exposed to v*. Picking up a paper towel or tugging someone by the hand to the bathroom, for example. Also useful when offering somebody else some medication; I don't want to surrender the whole roll of Rolaids, or bottle of Aleve (not part of the emet kit, but still a part of my purse :-P), but I wouldn't presume to touch something they're putting in their mouth with MY bare hand. (I also use rubber gloves in the kitchen for cooking, ESPECIALLY when cutting meats or vegetables... and sometimes in the bedroom. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img])

The tweezers are a bit more complicated. I have CSP (Compulsive Skin Picking disorder) on top of the emetophobia. When I'm *really* stressed or upset, I use the tweezers to pick at my skin-- my upper arms, the nailbeds of my fingers, that sort of thing. It helps a lot, but it's rather... unhealthy. I only allow myself to have ONE pair of tweezers at any given time, and I find that if I keep it in that kit, in my purse, it ensures that I use it only for emergencies and not just when I'm bored at home or something.

*wrinkles nose* Okay, so I'm loopy. Really really really REALLY loopy!
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

Hmm, I should carry an anti-emetic kit. I always keep gum with me, because I find it helps, and because I get faint if I go too long without eating, but that's it.