Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: children and sv

Glad I've found this site -- wonderful to know i'm not the only one out there with this silly phobia. Question for you mommies and daddies: How often do your children tend to get a sv? Our son, who is 2 1/2, had his first one in January and every day it's on my mind that he could get another one. Some families I know their kids only get it every couple of years and others the kids are getting it every few months.

I'm 5 months pregnant with our second son and I really don't want our son to get sick when I'm pregnant because I go into complete panic and don't eat for like a week. I know that wouldn't be healthy when I'm pregnant.

One more question: In an earlier post a couple of you had mentioned that it's way easier to clean up v* from a 5 year old or younger -- why is that? I had a hard time cleaning up after our 2 year old when he was sick, and it gets worse? YIKES!

Thanks in advance to your input on my questions.

welcome tara! i don't have children, but from what i can imagine, as
    children get bigger, so do their bellies, so i'm assuming that it's tougher
    to clean a child's v* as the get older because there's more of it...??? as
    for how often children get sv's... as children, my sister and i each had
    only 2 sv's, and at different times. my parents never caught them, and
    my sister and i never caught them from each other. i had one when i
    was 4 and one when i was 6, and that was it. however, i knew kids who
    would get them once or a year or every 2 years. it totally depends on
    the kid i'm guessing.

oh and congrats on expecting your second son!

Hi Tara,

Welcome to the site hun, and congratulations on carrying your 2nd son!! xxx [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I dont know why its easier, maybe its cos when they are so little, there isnt much of it to clean up, and also your maternal instinct really kicks in. Im not a Mum, im a nursery nurse, and I just find that when its a small kid or a baby, I can totally deal with it. I just want to look after them and stuff. I never used to be like that though!! This has only happened since i got all the therapy and got more in control of the emet.

Ally xxxx

I'm 18 and have only had a s*v* once. My brother is 13 and has only had it twice.