Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Today I go to Cranston, Rhode Island for a biometrics (fingerprints) appointment to apply for a UK 2 year visitor's visa. I'm nervous as hell, thinking ridiculous things like, "What if my fingerprints don't work!?"

If I get the visa, I will be able to go and stay with my husband in England until his visa (to the US) is approved. We got married 12/12/06, and are still waiting for word on his application. Apparently the backlog is substantial-- and rather frustrating, as the MAXIMUM time that my visa to the UK will take (according to the government-sponsered webpage) for an answer is 15 working days.

My appointment is at 1pm (6pm to you Brits) this afternoon-- I'd really appreciate any good mental vibrations people could send my way. It's a drive of a few hours which is nerve-racking enough by itself, but with the added anxiety of all the paperwork, I'm really stressed.

Thanks guys!
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

Aww, good luck! Good vibes your way!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

My own best friend here in the States is going to get engaged to her boyfriend who lives in London (I know because he asked me what kind of ring to get her!) so your story reminds me of her, haha.

But I hope everything goes really well with your appointment! And I'm sure your fingerprints will work. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

Thanks a bunch, SimplyMe!! We're leaving in about five minutes, I was hoping somebody'd reply before I left... good omen, or something. (I'm a nutcase. Just for the record. :-P)

Are you CERTAIN, wackydeli? [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img] Hehe.
    Thanks a bunch. And I hope your friend and her Brit have an easier time with immigration than my husband and I have!!

Well, my fingerprints worked! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] It was really cool to watch them coming up on the screen-- so clearly and so quickly!

Now I just have to mail everything off to New York, and hopefully I should know by the end of the month. Hopefully I'll be able to let my poor fingernails grow back now that the "big" appointment is over with.

And for the record, Cranston is BEAUTIFUL. At least the parts of it we saw. I'm so glad I chose to go there instead of Boston.

Thanks again, guys. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]