I usually don't flip out like this, but for some reason, my buttons were pushed and I just lost it.

We were eating hot dogs on a class trip, the end-of-year overnighter. It was going great. And then one of the guys mentions what he thinks is in hot dogs.

Brittani immediately says, "Oh no, I can't eat hot dogs that aren't chicken! I'll get s* if I do!" I'm sitting next to her, and I begin the symptoms of a panic attack, because if she v*s I don't know what I'll do.

The conversation escalates, and then she starts mentioning in graphic detail what happens when she eats non-chicken hot dogs, while eating it.

I was actually feeling quite calm, and was having no trouble breathing, but had a touch of light-headedness. "Brittanni, I'm phobic," I said, as a warning. But she didn't stop, and I could feel myself slipping into a panic attack, a full-blown I'm-about-to-scream panic attack, and I just couldn't hold it in.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I choked out, and then shouted again, "Why are you doing this to me?!" That got the attention of everybody in the room, and I just started crying. I buried my face in my hands and just cried.
"I already told you I was emetophobic, Brittani!"

"What is is your problem?" Michelle asked Brittani, who looked stricken, like she had no clue what the problem was. Michelle then grabbed my in a hug, and whispered in my ear, "Come on. We need to get you out of here."

It took a long time to get my pulse down and breath back. I stopped crying pretty fast, though. I just don't know how to cope, and I'm not sure why I just lost control, because I usually have trouble breathing, my heartbeat races, etc.Edited by: twilightrose