Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: im shaking

my dad is sick right now and im shaking so baddd...help..HELP

hey there

how are you doing?? how os ur dad??

Try and stay calm and breathe deeply and slowly. you will be fine. What does he have wrong with him?? could it be something that he ate.

I'm here if you wanna talk. Let us know how u are doing??

Kerri x x x

im still shaking...he was s* for a couple of days and now he is worse..i can't even type...how can i stop shaking..im literally trembling

1. Get as far away from him as you can. He's going to be fine, you won't be needed, and whether you go to the other end of the house or outside altogether (maybe visit a friend? I don't know what time it is there though), just distance yourself as much as possible.

2. Distract yourself! When someone in my house is s*, I put on earphones and blare music as loudly as possible, to drown out any potential sounds of v*. Watch a movie, read a long and exciting book as quickly as you can, do something to occupy your mind, your eyes and your ears.

3. Remind yourself, it's all okay. It's going to be fine. You're safe, nothing is going to hurt you. It will be over soon. Your dad is going to be just fine, this is going to pass and he'll be fine. You're fine, you're going to be okay.
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

its 2 am..i wish i could sleep...i can't hear anything but im looking at my door to see if the bathroom light is on..im feeling very dizzy..i can't even type..spell..im a wreck ..

Oh hon. :-( Take a deep breath. If you can't keep from looking for that bathroom light under your door, go ahead and turn YOUR light on so you can't watch like that. You need to get your breathing under control and try to "balance" out again. *hugs*
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

How are you doing now? I definitely can relate to the shaking, it happens so bad to me when I am feeling s*. The best thing to do is what others have been advising - deep breathing to calm you down, and avoiding your dad. Stay locked in your room, or in any other room in your house, and try to distract yourself. Music, computer, tv, etc. Hopefully you can calm down enough to try to sleep.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

I know it's hard, as I get the same way. I know this is going to sound cliched, but get into bed and shut your door to minimize any sounds of v*, and think happy thoughts. If you have music, put it on, or read a book.

If you feel safe, take keys and go for a walk. I know at 2 am in the morning this may not be convenient, but it may help. Or just go and sit someplace quiet, like your backyard or something. And definitely avoid your dad.

You'll get through this, don't worry.

thx for all the advices but it was a terrible night an i feel so depressed now. At 4 am I was still awake ,at 6 I managed to sleep because I heard when dad left to work.. dad is now at work even though he is s* wich is brave and if I were him I would probably be in bed crying. I felt so useless fighting with my phobia..useless..im depressed and I have to go to a birthday party an my mood is -1.The really stupid thing is that for a couple of days I felt ok and I actually thought my phobia was calming down..last night it was horror. And my mom says that she is supportive and stuff but when I told her I didn't sleep because of that she just " eh..*roll eyes* ..." so she doesn't believes me and thinks im making this up..I swear If I wasn't sane and realistic ..I would probably end up dieing somewhere

Sorry for my depressing post

Lots of hugs and love

I kind of have the same thing. My parents are very understanding and supportive but things like that happen and they just give me weird looks. Haha! My brother tends to get stomach viruses a lot and I can't even tell you how many times I've had a similar experience where I couldn't stop thinking if I'd been near him at all recently or what if I got sick too. It's no fun... especially because it makes you feel like any progress you felt you were making has been reversed in a big way.

Stuff like this makes me very glad for this site, where other people have my same stupid phobia!

I hope you're feeling better now!