Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Everyone-

I started a post on the old forum to see if anyone had tried beta blockers to help with panic. I would like to start that post again and see if I get any responses. I am thinking about taking them for a presentation I must give 4 weeks from today.

Also, do any of you practice yoga? I absolutely love it, and I find it calming and centering. I think it is a great treatment foranxiety because it teaches one to be calm within their own skin. However, I find that when my torso is up-side-down for a long time, I get very anxious. I don't know if it is because of the head rush, because my perception of the world makes me feel off-balance (even though I am perfectly balanced, which is the conflict in my mind), OR if it is because my esophagus is up-side-down as well. I find that I have often bolt my body upright because I suddenly fear something is travelling up my esophagus, even though nothing ever is. Do any of you feel that way? And what do you do about it?

Thanks!
    Soluene

If you are going through hell, keep going. -Winston Churchill

Hey Soluene,

I LOVE YOGA - and i def reccomend it to fellow emets. i go to a weekly class and try to practice it at home too.it is so great coz it helps you focus on your breathing and helps you to relax. I havent got a problem with my torso being upside down - but i dont usually do many of those postures - coz i cant!! im so unflexible still and really should do yoga more often. I love the shoulder stand tho coz it makes me feel so full of energy!

ref the beta blockers - i was on them for over a year and tehy did nothing to help me - if anything it got worse then. its up to you tho - they may work wonders!

love emsxx