Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Do any of you have any experience with using an IUD an contraception? I have endemetrosis and the pill has not been working for me for many years (sorry if TMI -- I have breakthrough bleeding ALL THE TIME). So my doctor suggested using an IUD.

So....wondering anyone have one, any unwanted side effects (they do have hormones these days), any pain?

Thanks -- hope to hear from you soon.

I don't personally have an experience but do have a friend with one. She has had female issues her whole life so I'm not sure she'd be the "norm" but she rarely gets a period (she will get the cramps/symptoms of one though). She has never had any other effects from it (and she's really easy to v). Hope this helps. I'm sure others will have better info.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

My friend had one and hated it. She would randomly get her period and bleed on and off all the time. But everyone is different. I hope you find something that works for you

Thank you for the information. I too have many "problems" and have had issues with birth control for years now but just found out that one of the meds I take frequently decrease the effectivness of the pill so I thought I would try something new...

Wish me luck!