Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: PLEASE HELP ME

Please help me I don't know how to cope!

All today until now I've felt fine, been drinking fine, eating fine, just a bit tired and hot (hot weather outside). Only an hour ago I was hungrily eating a (fresh, packaged and in-date) sausage roll. Then suddenly I've felt REALLY s* and weak and dizzy, like I'm going to v*, my stomach hurts a bit and I've had (sorry TMI) toilet rush, but it wasn't d*, but it burned and now my gas (sorry!) does too!

What's happening to me?! I don't need this! I really don't! Just now I felt something 'lumpy' come up my throat partly and stay there! My parents are away, my bf is busy and I have to drive to work tomorrow and survive work - I NEED to feel and be well for this! What if I'm not? What if I'm ill tonight and my parents aren't here for support?

Please help me!Edited by: amy08

You're doing what I do, that is you're already worrying about tomorrow and tonight (I don't know where you are tho so maybe its closer than it is for me). Anyhow, first take the pressure off of yourself for tomorrow. Chances are you'll feel fine but that by worrying about it you can make yourself feel sick tomorrow. Just tell yourself if you can't go in, you can't go in.

OK, as for the here and now, it sounds like some gas, heartburn and/or acid reflux. None of which you are going to v for. Or maybe you just ate too fast and upset your stomach a little, again that won't make you sick.

I know its hard but try to distract yourself and think positively (beleive me, I know how hard that can be). Maybe sip some cool water, place a cool rag on theback of your neck, have an antiacid.

I hope this helps and that you're feeling better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I can't really call in sick, I'm a trainee on a trial probation period. I just feel really bloated, like I keep needing the toilet and it's really uncomfortable - got this small area of pain in my abdomen.

Got water, am sipping it, but the n* isn't going away. I keep burping too which momentarily makes me feel better. I just feel really terrified that I'm going to be s* or have d*. my gas still has this horrible burning sensation, parden my french, but it feels like at any minute I could soil myself. Don't have any stomach meds either.

Sorry if I'm going on. The suddeness of all this just terrifies me, because when I had fp it was like this - sudden.Edited by: amy08

I know, its really scary. If a burp relieves it I'd bet that gas is the culprit, the burning could also be gas or some sort of acid issue. Is your period due soon?
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks so much for being here and talking me through this, it really helps.

Yeah actually, in 1-2 weeks or so. Also, all I've eaten today is some oatmeal, and few chocolates (little ones though) and that sausage roll and a couple of teas of tea. D'you think lack of food and the caffeine could explain the dizziness? That is probably isn't sickness related?Edited by: amy08

Oh yeah, if I don't eat enough AND have too much caffiene I get light headed and sometimes n* ... its even made me have to use the restroom a lot before. Just one of those is enough to cause dizziness, both can definitely do it. The water should help with that and eating something should as well.
    Benjamin Franklin

I might have some toast later if I feel up to it. And yeah, water is my friend atm - I'm probably a little dehydrated due to the heat as well.

*hugs* thank you [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Anytime! It sounds like you're feeling a little better. I'm willing to bet you'll feel much much better after you've had more water and a little something more to eat.
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, hope so! I will attempt toast later. Maybe whilst watching a fave TV programme or something, to chill me out. I still feel a little bit faint and I get the odd prang of pain in my abdomen - but I feel more calm than I was.

Quote Originally Posted by amy08
    Also, all I've eaten today is some oatmeal, and few chocolates (little ones though) and that sausage roll and a couple of teas of tea. D'you think lack of food and the caffeine could explain the dizziness? That is probably isn't sickness related?
    I get what you're feeling now sometimes! In fact for a few months I would get it once a week and it was awful, but I never, ever v* from it. Just felt n* and would feel a pain somewhere on my abdomen, and I kept having to use the bathroom, but no d*, and it burned.

But I quoted what you ate because those are foods that usually irritate my stomach (except sausage roll because I'm a vegetarian). But oatmeal, chocolate, tea -- definitely do cause me a little trouble in the intestinal area.

It should pass as soon as it came. Just keep up with the water, maybe have some hot lemonade if you feel like it (always helps soothe my stomach) and eat some light foods when you're feeling hungry. Keep relaxing today and get a good night's sleep and I'm sure you'll be fine for tomorrow! And try to keep calm. I know it's difficult but the more you worry, the more this situation gets irritated! Believe me, I know.

Feel better soon!
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

Hey how are you today?
    Benjamin Franklin

Hi guys,

I was fine, thanks for all your reassurance. But now I've had another scare.... my uncle cooked chicken for us just now - took him 3 attempts because it was still bloody, attempt 3 him and his gf said it was fine and I felt I had to eat a bit - friggin' scared now :/

It was dark in the room we were eating it in, it looked white, but parts might've been a bit pink. The texture felt ok, though some bits felt a little bit cold (though that's maybe from being on the plate for a little while?) Just frightened that I might've eaten undercooked chicken - I don't want salmonella again!!!!! I envy my uncle who sat there guzzling it all quite happily.
    Edited by: amy08

I'd say you'll be fine. I had a friend tell me that she always makes the chicken a little pink so its moist OMG ... and no she's never made chicken for me but she also has never been ill. So ... lol. You should be fine, plus you didn't eat alot. And if you feel sick you will know its anxiety because if it weren't everyone else would feel sick too.
    Benjamin Franklin

even if the chicken was slightly pink, your chances of contracting
    salmonella are slim. not every chicken is infected with the bacteria.

Yeah definitely don't worry!
    I was at a japanese restaurant and I ordered a bunch of chicken dishes...(I'm not so keen on the idea of sushi :P) and the chicken was cooked just enough so that the outside was cooked but the inside was kinda pink...

(Figures, I try to avoid being all paranoid about sushi..and it's the chicken that freaks me out)

But I was completely fine a lot of people had chicken that night too and found the same thing and they were fine So I'm sure you'll be fine
    ~~~The One Winged Angel~~~

I know logically that you're both right - but I feel n* and stomach's cramping a bit. :/