Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Last time you were GENUINELY nauseated...

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was N less than 1 hour and didn’t V

9 10.84%
  • I was N for 1-2 hours and didn’t V

17 20.48%
  • I was N for 2-3 hours and didn’t V

5 6.02%
  • I was N for 3+ hours and didn’t V

42 50.60%
  • I was N for less than 1 hour and threw up

4 4.82%
  • I was N for 1-2 hours and then threw up

1 1.20%
  • I was N for 2-3 hours and then threw up

1 1.20%
  • I was N for 3+ hours and then threw up

4 4.82%

What was your experience the last time you were severely nauseated? I mean, when you had real nausea that you thought might make you vomit, or that would have led a non-emet to vomit?

How long were you nauseated, and did you have to throw up the last time you were severely nauseated?
    Last edited by gumdropper1; 10-26-2010 at 10:26 PM.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ugh. Last time I was genuinely OHMYGOD-nauseous, I braced myself bolt upright in bed and breathed in funny jerks to keep from gagging, forcing myself to stay away by jabbing/pinching my legs and face. It lasted for HOURS, and I finally ended up taking so much Pepto that I didn't "go" for about a week afterwards...

But I didn't vomit, and honestly, that was the only important thing. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Normalcy is merely indicative of a lack of courage.

Last February I had some SV that caused me to be on the brink of V* for six
    hours and I haven't V* in eight years

I was n* for almost 12 hours. 8 of which was spent begging my brain to give in and let me v* once I did I was perfectly fine.

It was last May right after Mothers Daya dn I woke from a dead sleep very n*. My kids had been sick with sv the week before. I was n* for nearly 7 days, it was awful. As bad as the n* was, I was eternally greatful I never v*. I hate this arn Emet.
    Georgi

I can't remember when it was exactly, but it was a few months ago and I spent a few hours in the bathroom, slowly inching towards to toilet as I felt worse and trying to convince myself that if I just v*, it'll be OK. Eventually I got so sleepy that I went to bed, and as I relaxed I felt a little better. May have been anxiety, I'm not sure, but usually anxiety n* doesn't bring me to the toilet, hoping I'll v*.
    The waiting seems eternity
    a day will dawn of sanity.

The last time I was really n* for real was a couple of weeks ago, i had an extreme panic attack at work. I really did almost v*. I leaned into the bushes but nothing happened. BLEH
    I'm pretty sure that was just from the panic attack though. What a vicious cycle for us emets....it is terrible

I felt n* for 2-3 hours and did not v*. I had a migraine and actually dry heaved a few times. I had to resort to the unhealthy hair pulling, skin pinching methods of getting my mind off of it. It reminded me what actual n* feels like.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

i didnt realise other people did the pinching your legs and pulling your hair thing! i used to do it really bad when i was younger and i'd leave scratch marks on my face because id end up digging in my nails.
    Angles

A couple of nights ago I was so nauseas I thought I was going to v*...luckily it went away after about 20 min or so.

I am basically always nauseas especially at night.I think it's happening so often it doesn't matter if I am having anxiety or not.

Four months ago when my drink was spiked and I was being wheeled into an ambulance, dry heaving. I've never had such bad nausea in my entire life, but the best thing about it was that I was practically unconscious and therefore panic-free. I even wanted to v* to get rid of it all....oh the voice of calm!! But even my artistic dry heaving and the paramedic's encouragement couldn't make me actually v*!!

scared the hell out of me. i was about 10 and i had gone to see a movie with my friend. she invited me to sleepover. i said i would, and we got my stuff and went to her house. i went to sleep, had terrible d* for hours and then finally woke up my friend ad got her mom to take me home. not half an hour later, i v*. i was SO scared! i really dont like sleeping over at others houses because of that experience.

March 3 this year. I ate too much garlic (I'm not allowed) and then went to bed. In a few hours I woke up severly n*ted and had to fight it off. I managed.
    It was hard but I'd do it again (c)
    Sometimes it takes a thousand tries to win (c)

About four years ago, my grandmother cooked the same seafood dish she
    had cooked the year before that caused me to v*. I went home reeking of
    crabs and fish. I couldn't shake the smell off and went to use the bathroom.
    I was overcome by a sudden wave of nausea, only to stand there as it
    subsided.

The last time I was n* for real and not because of anxiety-related reasons was about four years ago and I was n* for about 2-3 days. I knew what the cause was (PMS-sorry guys) but being scared to eat anything and the prolonged symptoms took its toll (I had a little melt-down [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] ). I ended up making an emergency appointment w/ my doctor to get some anti-n* meds and that's when I finally told her exactly why I needed my anti-anxiety meds. After that, she changed my meds, which made a huge difference. So although it was not fun, some good came out of it.
    \"The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them; that\'s the essence of inhumanity.\"
    -George Bernard Shaw

This Sunday night just gone - I knw what caused it PMT & drinking 4 cans of diet coke....I had terrible wind, bloating, stomach pains etc, tried eating some tea but couldn't finish it and that freaked me out even more as usually have a very hearty appetite, and I also had to force my white wine down which is not like me at all. It kept coming and going in waves. After trying to get rid of it by sucking Smints and drinking peppermint tea, I eventually took a cyclizine at bedtime and next morning was ok. Still don't feel 100% though and still not very hungry [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Edited to add: Also had 4 BM's in one day when I normally have one a week two if i'm lucky [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img] I've been taking those prebiots&probiotic yoghurt drinks for a few days now, wonder if it's them???Edited by: paulinek

My last experience with severe n* was about two weeks ago. . . I've been going through a stressful time, plus, I think I may have actually had a sv*, because I rarely get THAT n* from anxiety alone.

Spent about 2 hours in the panicked, pacing around, scratching my legs (I do it, too!), "OMG, I'm actually gonna v* this time!" mode, followed by another 5 hours or so of horrible n*, but no immediate fear of v*.

Ended up taking a Bonine & some Xanax, which helped the anxiety, but didn't do a whole lot for the n*. An amazing friend came by with matzoh crackers & broth, which I nibbled on, plus tons & tons of ginger tea.

I really, truly, thought that was going to be THE time. But I made it through.

Default Re: Last time you were severely nauseated

I was nauseated for about 12 hours, but I wasn't aware that what I was feeling was really nausea until about 3-4 hours in when I realized my food wasn't digesting.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Last time for me was a few years ago. I felt N* and feverish. It came and went on about 30 minute intervals for most of the day. I felt totally drained and dishrag-limp in between the episodes. I never V'd. I know I had a fever but didn't have an instrument to measure that.

The next day I was about 90% good when I woke up, and by the end of the day I was fine.

I've really only been nauseous 2 times since last time I V'd 20 years ago. This time; and then the time I got exposed to pesticide.

David

It`s been several years since I felt bad enough to V, i was down to some tablets I had been prescribed. I did`nt V, & I stopped taking the pills straight away.

Last time for me was on a plane. I have Crohn's disease, and the pressure change in the plane made my stomach 'blow up' and I felt really nauseus. It was a 10 hour flight, and after about 6 hours I was so tired of fighting it I gave in and went to the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca85 View Post
    after about 6 hours I was so tired of fighting it I gave in and went to the bathroom.
    You kind of left us hanging there, Rebecca. What did you do in the bathroom?

Sorry, I v'ed of course! Very quietly and discreetly, and I made sure everything was clean and sprayed air freshener after, just in case there was any other emets on board. And I felt 100 times better after.